Zenfone 2e (AT&T Go Phone)

cali_gurl9

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm using this phone as a primary phone until I can afford a beefier phone.

I have been unable to set the Group Messaging option up with the following error message:
"Unable to find SMISDN number. Please contact your service provider."

After 3 support calls, here is what they had me do:
1. Delete my messages and use the reset to default settings, restart my phone and attempt to change the group setting. Did not work.

2. The ATT rep said he bridged my number for group messaging, restart, change the group setting... it kept the setting for me to test one group message but once I received a text reply it removed the check mark on the option and couldn't check it back on.

3. Finally the 3rd time, was told I needed to set up a new APN. Did that per ATT instructions and it did not work.

I was told a 3rd party app could be used as my new default messaging app that allows group texts/messages MMS... Anyone use a Zenfone 2e that has been successful with group messages? Right now I can SEND to a group but not receive in the group. I get them one at a time.

Thank you,
Len

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using Hangouts as your default SMS app? It has a setting to enable or disable group messaging, so that might be helpful to test out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21