Moving files to Linux desktop?

Zlappert

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
My Zenfone 2 is rather new. I've been able to take photos and video, record voice and so on. So my question is how can I transfer these files to my desktop? I saw one reference to an app that did this, but it was for Windows. My desktop is Linux (specifically Ubuntu).

I tried to use the USB cable plugged into the desktop, but it didn't recognize the phone a a USB device or drive. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any help.

Wather

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Install KDEConnect on your android device from Play Market.

To install KDE Connect for*any desktop environment*simply type the following commands into the terminal. (CTRL + Alt + T)

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vikoadi/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install kdeconnect indicator-kdeconnect*

Once it is installed, simply run "KDE Connect Indicator" from the applications menu, or type "indicator-kdeconnect" in the terminal.

Keith Garwick

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Way, way simple.... get a gmail account, upload all of your files to your free google drive from your phone's web browser (chrome isn't the fastest browser, but it will let you transfer entire folders at one time - rather than one file at a time). USE WiFi unless have mobile data to burn.....

Then log onto your desktop's web browser and log into your google drive account. Download the files that you want.

I don't even carry a USB thumbdrive around anymore (well, there is one on my keychain but rarely used).

p.s. my current fave browser for speed and GUI is chromium (synaptic package manager will load it for you on your desktop).

Zlappert

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for both of your responses.

Wather: I was able to install KDE Connect, but can't get it to work properly. First, it didn't want to paid the phone with the computer. Then, wanting to browse the phone's files on the computer, it starts up an app called Cervisia on the computer, which makes no sense. How does one bring up a file browser of one's choice, for example Krusader, in order to look at the phone's directories?

Keith, again, thank you. Using gmail seems to be a kludge rather than a direct transfer. It might be a good option of you're a distance from the computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463