Why won't my Asus Zenfone 2 power on?

A

AC Question

My Asus Zenfone2 will not power on.

The phone will not charge and will not power on. I heard a vibration buzz and then it turned off. I have tried other chargers, no result. The battery cannot be removed.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Asus Zenfone2 will not power on.

The phone will not charge and will not power on. I heard a vibration buzz and then it turned off. I have tried other chargers, no result. The battery cannot be removed.

Welcome to Android Central!

What happens when you plug in the charger? Does the screen light up and have a battery icon like it is charging?

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Asus Zenfone2 will not power on.

Unfortunately it can take a few days for recharge and turn back on. It’s possible something could have caused the phone to have grounded out which disables and discharges the battery completely. Have you tested with a different USB cable?
Normally when you connect power it should vibrate, then you should see the LED indicator light showing its charging. Then you should see the battery symbol on the screen, please see Very important best practice guide for first time usage on our Asus Android mobile devices (cellular phones & tablets).    

If you would like further assistance, please feel free to contact me at cl-frank@asus.com with case # N160195982 in the subject line.

Sincerely,
Frank
ASUS_USA