[ASUS Zenfone 2] Why do I have notification that won't go away?

A

AC Question

I'm on an Asus Zenfone 2 running lollipop. The notification just won't go away. Even restarting my phone doesn't make it go away. How do I make it go away? Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do I have "Sync: too many contacts deletes" in notification area? [Asus ZenFone 2]

Welcome to Android Central! Have you been deleting contacts in the Contacts app, or in your Google Contacts in the cloud?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the notification that won't go away? I'm not sure if your thread title got edited somehow, but you don't mention anywhere what the notification says.

Were those contacts saved to the local Phone account, or in your Google account in the cloud?

Kingofawesome13

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
The notification is "Sync: Too many contacts deletes". I think they were saved via the cloud because I didn't import them, nor did I ask for them. I was trying to delete them so it would just be my phone contacts. It's a bit annoying to have it do that by default.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want your cloud contacts to show, you can open Contacts and tap Menu>Contacts to Display>Customize to select which accounts to show. You can also go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account]​, and uncheck Contacts, which will unsync your Google Contacts from the phone's Contacts app.