Video Automatically zooms in Asus Zenfone 2

Rajat Pai

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded myself from Moto x to zenphone 2. The phone is ok overall, except for the awkward positioning of power button. When i recorded the video in 720p or 1080p using the default Asus camera app or any other app, the video automatically zooms in. Does any other Asus zenfone 2 owner experiencing the same problem? I reported a problem to Asus, still no response from them and even the video recording using the video stabilization in 720p gives a lag

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded myself from Moto x to zenphone 2. The phone is ok overall, except for the awkward positioning of power button. When i recorded the video in 720p or 1080p using the default Asus camera app or any other app, the video automatically zooms in. Does any other Asus zenfone 2 owner experiencing the same problem? I reported a problem to Asus, still no response from them and even the video recording using the video stabilization in 720p gives a lag

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you looked in the camera settings to see if there is some kind of face or object detection turned on?

maciek90

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm afraid it's normal behavior, because I have this zoom also. It's present even on Zenfone 4.
I think it's some kind of video stabilization even if you turn it off in settings.