Do you experience glitches in Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML) such as freezing touchscreen and ghost touch?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why are you sure it isn't an app? Buggy apps can certainly cause glitches. It doesn't matter if the phone is unrooted and on Marshmallow.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok -- if you're getting touchscreen freezes and ghost touches in Safe Mode, then it's either a problem with the hardware or firmware. Any recent drops, trauma, or water exposure? Do you have a screen protector on? A problematic screen protector can sometimes cause things like ghost touches.

Chronics

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm fairly confident this is a design problem, there are numerous reports on the Asus website of this problem even after the display has been changed. It generally seems to occur after a few months of use, there is a reddit post which claims its caused by bending, the resolution is to put the phone face down and apply pressure on the back cover, this does seem to resolve the problem but only temporarily. Asus doesn't appear to have any intention of commenting on any type of fix, I'm suprised its not been picked up AC but I have no intention of buying another Asus phone anyway.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have no intention of buying another Asus phone anyway.

Same here, but not because of the screen problems, which fortunately I haven't experienced. Instead, I'm done with Asus because of the delay in pushing out 6.x. I still haven't received the OTA update, and a lot of owners report that the downloadable version is buggy (e.g., malfunctioning proximity sensor).

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Same here, but not because of the screen problems, which fortunately I haven't experienced. Instead, I'm done with Asus because of the delay in pushing out 6.x. I still haven't received the OTA update, and a lot of owners report that the downloadable version is buggy (e.g., malfunctioning proximity sensor).

I updated mine to 6.0 manually a while back considering I enabled adoptable storage. I was able to put up with the proximity sensor bug. A week ago a software update was sent to my phone and the proximity sensor is fixed on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21