How to lock/secure boot.

OMKARAGRAWAL

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello guyz I have asus zenfone 3(ZE552KL) Indian piece. I want to lock my phone in such a way that even if someone tries to factory reset it (after switching it off and using power button + volume button) would require a password to do so ( I mean that phone should require password/or similar to load the boot file even for the factory reset options).It is android marshmallow original ROM. I am trying to avoid rooting since the phone is just 4 days old and hence in warranty and also because I am amature in these things at this stage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android has a Factory Reset Protection feature, where if a phone is factory reset without first properly removing the associated Google account, then the user has to enter that account's name and password in order to proceed to the Setup Wizard. Is that enough for you, or is it more important to prevent someone from even doing a factory reset? The problem with the latter is that any app that could do this would most likely require root, and also not be effective against a factory reset attempt through the Recovery Menu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood