Why does the ASUS ZENPAD C 7 stink?

AsusUserNow

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
So I've recently bought the new Asus Zenpad C 7.0 and at first glance i thought it was okay. But it was the exact opposite of what i expected from Asus. So there i was i downloaded ONLY SOCIAL APPS AND SCHOOL APPS SUCH AS Facebook Instagram and etch. I haven't downloaded any games yet and i don't plan on doing so BECAUSE just from the social apps the pad CRASHES, LAGS, ABD DOES NOT R RESPOND. So I was going to post a picture on instagram and i have been waiting for the pad to respond for 20 minutes and counting. I using factory reset before because i thought it was too heavy for it. But the outcome is the same. ALSO the battery life is crap. My phone last longer than the pad even on standby mode. By the way it only has been 2 days since i bought the pad.

Gabriel Foss

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
That's a shame, I was considering the 2GB ram version... What budget tablets (around the same price point) would you recommend?

Posted via the Android Central App

mraamohamed

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello all I am not usually a writer, I am more a reader and once and a while a responder but I just had to weigh in on this topic. I too just got my ZenPad 7 and I have had the ZenFone 5 and then 6 and I loved them so when I saw the 7 tablet I had to get it. Well I read reviews and I really did not see any bad reviews and from what I had experience with Asus so I went for it, well I got it and well it felt good and solid, right out the box but then I started the update/setup of device and well lets just say it took me overnight to do so. Clue one, next day I was useing it and well the back heated up so bad it burnt my hand and I mean there was a red mark on my had so I went to Asus and they took it in and sent to repair. I still wait so lets see,but I still hold hope as I have had good experience with my other Asus products, but if this comes back andis still problem we will see where I go from here.

tekware

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So far, my ZenPad 7 has been fine, apart from a couple of issues regarding video. First, it was $129 Cad, so they don't get much cheaper than that for a 16GB tablet. It's run all the apps I've put on it without issue, as I said, except a couple of video issues. Miracast connects to my Netgear Push2TV PTV3000, and I see the tablet on my TV - until I go into Netflix. Then I hear the show coming from the TV, but the video is blank. The miracast dongle works just fine with my BlackBerry Z30 and with my Surface Pro. Chromecasting seems to work without issue.

Also, a DVR app that allows me to see remote cameras works fine on the ZenPad, except again, no video where video should be. Just the windows with black squares. The exact same Android app works fine on my BlackBerry Z30, and also works with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.

It is disappointing about the miracast, as that is one of the reasons that I purchased the Asus. Miracast works with VPNs like ZenMate, where Chromecast does not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol