One on the way.

Tronmech

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried their MeMo tab and was ready to Chuck it.

Once more into the breach, dear friends!

My nexus 7 caught a bad case of owner induced wifi deafness (I broke the antenna connection) and this looks like a good deal.

We'll see if it gets in before Thanksgiving...

Tronmech

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm impressed with the tablet.

I have the 16GB model with 2GB of RAM.

First thoughts:
1) Android 5.0.2 actually doesn't suck on this thing! You might think this is "Damning with faint praise," but it's not. I'm surprised by how well the tablet responds, given that Lollipop turned my "swear by" Moto G2 into my "swear at" phone. Either this tablet has serious guts, or the 2 system updates. I got sent did some magic.

2) The difference between this tablet and the MeMo pad 7 is night and day. I'm actually glad that I gave Asus a second chance after finding the MeMo pad 7 so horribly slow.

3) The display is beautiful, with an incredibly wide viewing angle. Really, really bright as well.

4) I have no idea whether it's going to get updated to Marshmallow, but the fact that it got 2 system updates so far may bode well.

5) The cameras are a weak point for this tablet, with mediocre low light performance, but I can't say that I didn't expect that. The lack of a flash on the rear camera limits its utility anyway. Since you likely already have something better on your phone, and that something has a flash, this isn't a deal breaker.

6) It's handling everything that I have thrown at it so far.

7) Don't use a Dollar Store charging cable. It took forever to charge. The cable and charger that came with it work well enough though. I think any high quality charge cable will work well.

8) Jury's still out on battery life. It looks like the standby sips the battery, but the display wants lots of power (like every other tablet display).

Mithrandrost

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Just got the 8 inch Zenpad this week. I agree with all the comments above. My first Android device and I find that it runs very well. Not much to dislike. ASUS UI is not bad at all. Slowly stripping off the "bloatware". Overall, just getting used to the Android OS.

Posted via Android Central App

Tronmech

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm seeing a few issues. There are some videos that play poorly (pixelated) and VLC player crashes when playing videos. Probably codec issues.

Their tech support is anything but technical. So trying to get to someone who can actually do something is challenging.

Mithrandrost

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Not seeing any issues so far. However, I am not taxing it much. I tend to use it as a reader. I am not much of a gamer. I have the 380CX variant with 2G RAM.

Posted via the Android Central App