ASUS ZenPad S 8.0

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Offhand, I am not sure. It is a good question though. If I had to take a guess, I would say no. The aim at most of the devices is mid range, and to me that alone would rule out a wireless charging option.

Petnoone

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I need to replace my Nexus 7 2013... But I can't find a tablet with wireless charging and dual speakers like my N7.

Posted via the Android Central App

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting tablet. I wonder when it will be released and at what price.
In the US, best buy now has it for 200 bucks!!!

Excellent value IMO...

Specs are definitely there! I'm intrigued but will wait for reviews before jumping on it. Not even really in the market for a tablet as I just got the Venue 8 7000 and a new iPad mini Retina... On the other hand, 200 for this kind of powerhouse is tempting to say the least!!!

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Being a Nexus 7 2013 owner from day one and dealing with battery drain makes it tempting to pick up one of these. I'll have to wait for some reviews before deciding.

Posted via Android Central App

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ive just bought one of these but i will be returning it as soon as the 4gb 3580 version comes out but... for $200 this thing is a bargain, its fast, its light, it feels great in the hand. Even though its plastic it feels like a premium plastic, especially with the rubber strip across the back. So far im very very impressed. And Zen UI aint all that bad neither

One issue when 1st poering on is that i cannot connect to the 5ghz wifi, its downloading an update right now so we will see if that fixes it

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Ive just bought one of these but i will be returning it as soon as the 4gb 3580 version comes out but... for $200 this thing is a bargain, its fast, its light, it feels great in the hand. Even though its plastic it feels like a premium plastic, especially with the rubber strip across the back. So far im very very impressed. And Zen UI aint all that bad neither

One issue when 1st poering on is that i cannot connect to the 5ghz wifi, its downloading an update right now so we will see if that fixes it
I just was reading an anandtech article about this tablet and it said the WiFi maxes out at 2.4GHz. Apparently there's no 5GHz...

Still a good deal at only 200 bucks though, IMO. How do you like it compared to the Dell Venue 8 7000?

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's the article link:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9304/asus-announces-two-new-zenpad-tablets

Where he says its a disappointing 802.11n at 2.4GHz max...

After using it for a day I have to say the Dell kills it in every way apart from screen ratio preference. The Dell sounds better, has a much better screen, its faster, obviously more premium.

Also factor in that you could get the Dell as a factory refurb for $185 ( what I paid for mine ) and you get the same 12 month warranty as new and its really no competition. The Asus is going back in its box and returned to bestbuy

anon(96159)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
After using it for a day I have to say the Dell kills it in every way apart from screen ratio preference. The Dell sounds better, has a much better screen, its faster, obviously more premium.

Also factor in that you could get the Dell as a factory refurb for $185 ( what I paid for mine ) and you get the same 12 month warranty as new and its really no competition. The Asus is going back in its box and returned to bestbuy

Where did you get it at that price?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had one for a few days now. For $200, I'm quite pleased. I don't expect a high end tablet at that price point. What I want is a tablet that provides a nice experience while browsing the web, reading eBooks, watching YouTube, and engaging in some light gaming.

The screen isn't bright, but it is bright enough that I don't set it at 100% and it looks great. It feels really nice in the hand. I have yet to see any lag, though I haven't really done much that would strain the device. The sound is alright. You would not want to use this as your primary speaker system.

Surprisingly, I kind of dig the ASUS Android skin. It is not too intrusive, and has a handful of nice features. As an LG phone user, I appreciate the knock-on feature. I can't tell you how many times I tapped the screen of my old Nexus 7 trying to wake it up. The ZenPad goes one further, allowing you to use gestures to open specific apps from an off device. For example, I set tracing a "W" to open Chrome.

This tablet is not a game changer by any means. It is just a good device for a reasonable price.

Ukyo

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I just got it from BB and I couldn't get the 100GB for 2 yrs google drive promo. Just errors out and tells me to update Gdrive and try again... Did that, didn't work again. There's a system update though so I'm updating now but I'm not holding my breath... anyone else have this issue?

anon(96159)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I will be returning this before the return policy ends and wait for the better one coming out. For $100 more, we will get the 2.3ghz intel processor instead of the 1.3ghz on this model and 64GB with 4GB RAM. Hopefully it will come out MidAugust.

Last edited:

wjcole

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Bought ASUS ZenPad S 8 Z580CA-C1-BK for $249 a few days ago. Excellent deal. Bough Z-Stylus for it too - also excellent. Apparently several system updates since initial comments. Can not beat it for this price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress