Tablet stuck on system update screen

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I manually checked for a system update, and the tablet got stuck on the update screen. The home and back button wouldn't do anything. I had to restart the tablet.

I did add a tempered glass screen protector on top of the tablet screen but this doesn't seem to affect operation of the tablet.

Any idea what might have happened?

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry, I can only say that this tablet is a bit of disappointment to the point after my second replacement I give up on it and got a refund. I really wanted to like it but......

nrseife

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issues several times.
The first time it worked not to hook it up to the power outlet, the next time I had to boot into Droidboot (Press Volume UP and Power Button for a few seconds) and then select Reboot. That worked the last 2 system upgrades ... Firmware issue, not HW... Good luck!
Edit: Just had to re-boot mine (started to behave weird) and I am stuck too, despite applying all tricks I am aware of....seems like only option left is to hard -reset it (boot into Droidboot and select hardreset)....will try again tomorrow...if so, very annoying since it will take me hours to re-install everything. Asus, please fix this issue ASAP (btw, I typically encrypt my tablets)....
Edit2: booted successfully after the ~8th or so reboot....did not do anything different.....I guess it is a game of chance? Anyway, saved me a few hours for reinstalling everything. I suggest you keep trying, or bite the bullet and hard reset and hope will fix this issue with a future rom update.

Last edited:

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My tablet is not rooted.

I'm actually now debating on whether to return it for something else.

It won't play live video from the CNN app and sometimes it seems like the buttons at the bottom have to be pressed hard to register an action.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888