Play music cutting out through Bluetooth headphones

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed the music cutting out when playing music downloaded to the watch through the play music app through Bluetooth headphones?

Mine is cutting out every 30 seconds or so and it seems completely random. The watch stays connected to my nexus 5 fine and has normal Bluetooth range and a stable connection but it seems like it struggles with the connection with 2 different Bluetooth headphones that I have. They are both no name headphones from amazon purchased in 2013. I think they are using Bluetooth 3.0. Also it does work much better on one set than the other though (but still not perfect). I also have a moto 360 that doesn't have this problem. It works fine on both headphones. I noticed that the moto 360 has Bluetooth 4.0 and the zenwatch 2 Bluetooth 4.1. Could this possibly have something to do with it? Also the Android wear version is different on both. I'm assuming the zenwatch 2 has aa newer version of Android wear. Could this have something to do with it?

Last edited:

lostpilot28

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever figure this out? I just bought a Zenwatch 2 and I have a set of bluetooth earbuds that cut out every 20 seconds or so. I've noticed that if I put my arm at my side, it gets worse. If I keep the watch close to the earbuds, it doesn't cut out at all. I tried a 2nd set of earbuds and the same thing happened.

I then used the earbuds to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S5, and had zero problems. This leads me to believe the bluetooth range on the Zenwatch 2 is the problem.

Wondering if there's a fix, other than walking around with my hands up in the air. :)

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday trying to play audio through my Bluetooth headphones. I definitely think it's the range of the watch and it's even worse if your body is in between the watch and the headphones.

However I think some of these no name Bluetooth headphones use cheap components so it could be the headphones. Either way it really stinks.

Posted via the underrated M9

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
give me a bit think its in the settings i need a bit of info
1: headphones names
2: are you connecting to the watch or the phone or both
3: if you open your bluetooth settings on android you can select what the bluetooth device is used for and you can set what is for music audio and for phone calls and other thinks like contacts can you test this if you need a walkthrough just ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam