Recent build update for Zenwatch 2

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know what the change was in the latest build update that just got released in the last few days. (I'm assuming by Asus)

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm also not sure, but my battery level has been at 60% since 6:30 this morning. 2 hours with no battery change is awesome, especially since there seems to have been an issue w/ it charging last night.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody noticed a faint vertical white/brighter line of pixels on the screen (moist noticeable in the grey settings menu) about 1/4" over from the left edge of the screen? I seem to have this now and I don't remember seeing it before. I'm wondering if it could be software related due to this new build?

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I am not noticing any brighter or white lines on my watch. Maybe a screen defect?

And seriously, either something is wrong w/ my battery meter, or this update is a miracle worker for battery life. It's currently almost 10:30 pm, and my watch has been off charger (though something happened with the actual charging) since 6am. I noticed the battery level at 6:30 am; it was at 60% battery. 16 hours later and I'm at 59%. I've restarted the watch and the phone just to make sure nothing too wonky was happening. Is anyone else noticing a huge (and I mean HUGE) improvement in battery life?

Last edited:

Damn_Smooth

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Nothing that drastic, but I have been off the charger for 41 hours and I'm still at 49%, which is quite a bit better than it was before.

I also have no grey line.

RickD_99

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to force installation of the new build? My ZW2 is still on LCA49B but when I go into Settings/About/System updates I see a white screen showing LCA49B_to_LCB51.

RickD_99

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to force installation of the new build? My ZW2 is still on LCA49B but when I go into Settings/About/System updates I see a white screen showing LCA49B_to_LCB51.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I had the same thing. The way to do it is connect the charger to the watch. With the charger connected it will prompt you to install the update. I guess being as the batteries in these watches are so small, they have them programmed so they have to be charging to do any major update

RickD_99

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing. The way to do it is connect the charger to the watch. With the charger connected it will prompt you to install the update. I guess being as the batteries in these watches are so small, they have them programmed so they have to be charging to do any major update

Thanks brosko...my update is downloading now. I also discovered by accident that your phone must be nearby and connected to the watch via BT to initiate the software download.

RickD_99

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Just completed the download and installation with no issues. As reported above many new watch faces available. No vertical white line on my display after the update. I'll monitor the battery life for a couple of days and report back here.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
After the first day, my battery started showing a normal progression of discharge. It's still better than it was, as I'm now at 72% after being off the charger for 13 hours.