Zenwatch 2 battery life

anon(3399358)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just received the Zenwatch 2 on Friday. Today I wore it to work to test out the battery life compared to my OG Moto 360. I installed apps on the Zenwatch to match what the apps on the 360. The Zenwatch was at 100% battery at 5am. By 3pm it was still at 75%. 10 hours and only 25% battery drain is impressive. The Moto 360 would be down to 40% by 3pm. I know it has a bigger battery than the 360, but I am still impressed.

Interesting to see how much more the battery drains while making and receiving calls (once the update is installed).

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling folks aren't gong to really jump onto the whole making/answering calls via their wrist (privacy issues, too hard to hear on tiny speaker etc). Might be a fun gimmick first few times, but that's about it. So odds are battery life will be fine when folks stick to using their phones to talk in private.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling folks aren't gong to really jump onto the whole making/answering calls via their wrist (privacy issues, too hard to hear on tiny speaker etc).

Agreed. I find just answering/sending a text by voice a little embarrassing; I usually do it in a secluded spot.

Posted via the Android Central App

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a Samsung Gear 2 Neo and I could answer phone calls with it. It really came in handy when I was doing something and it was not convenient to pull my phone out. It actually worked quite well that way. Now my wife uses it to answer calls that way occasionally.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I could see myself using that feature at home while I'm trying to do something, but my wife calls. She gets ticked if I miss the call lol.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
How are y'all doing so well on the batt life? I got mine last Sat and have not made it through a whole day yet. Is there something I can check to see what is using up the batt like on my phone?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The watch apps show you battery usage info.

I'm on my second day of usage and I'm at 69% right now. Last charge was Sunday morning. I get normal email notifications and text notices.

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I took mine off charger Sunday morning and I'm still at 54%. Did shut it off last night when sleeping though.

Pavel Stambrecht

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I developed an app for battery saving. It supports ZenWatch 2 too. If you wanna try it you can. It is called Blixel and it is available on Google Play.

Btw Sorry for missing link but I dont have 10 points :)

mikec2008

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Just bought the watch Friday, and I was worried about initial battery life. Now lasting close to 2 days.

Updated to 1.4

Just for knowledge, are there any apps/settings I should be wary of?

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund