Charging cord not connecting

kadmanMusic

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I am having a hell of a time every night getting my cable to attach securely enough to the back of the watch for it to charge. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I am having a hell of a time every night getting my cable to attach securely enough to the back of the watch for it to charge. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

On the ZenWatch 2?

There is a magnetic connection between the watch and the charging cable... If you place it the wrong way, the cable won't connect (the magnet actually repels the connection). However, placed correctly mine actually connects quite firmly. The only thing I've noticed is that if you place the watch down on a nightstand haphazardly, the cable could get disconnected. To this end, I use a watch stand for the ZW2 while it's charging.

Something like these (available on eBay):
3275818fbecd08af628766ce287e1f17.jpg

(Yes, I know the ZW2 is not in that photo, it's just for example purposes.)

Perhaps there is something up with your charging cable?

kadmanMusic

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I hear the connection, so I know the magnets still work. My thoughts were either a corrosive buildup on top of the connection that limits the amount of power getting transferred, or a problem with the cable.

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I ended up running a qtip back and forth over the connection points on the watch, clearing away the built up grime, and it worked perfectly again.

Posted via Nexus 6P snitches

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I've found that brushing the contacts on both the watch and the cord with a toothbrush cleans it up and allows a quick connection. I keep the toothbrush nearby and use it about once per week (on the contacts). Just to confirm, I don't use toothpaste, the toothbrush is dry, and no, I don't use it to brush my teeth :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad