viewing texts on asus zenwatch 2

LucCannon

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello all new to the forum. I bought an asus zenwatch 2 a few days ago and really like it, except for one thing. The main reason i bought it was so i could read texts on my wrist. I will receive a notification saying I have a text message but can only "dismiss" "open on phone" and "block app" there is not option to open or read or reply to the text. I have no issues reading facebook messages or view missed call details just the texts (MAIN REASON I BOUGHT THE WATCH)

I am paired with a samsung galaxy S3 and OS version 4.4.2. I am also in canada , not sure if that makes any difference. If someone could give me a detailed walk through on how to fix this it would be more then appreciated.

Thank you all

IchBinSkyr

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello, not a fix but I don't think there is one necessarily. But it is fixed by apps from the app store.

One of the best apps I found for reading texts is wear messenger. And gives option to reply not only by speech to text but a keyboard optimized for the watch. Takes a bit of a learning curve though.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.michy.wearmessenger&token=hhj-7scf

Similarly, though FB messenger does let you read and reply with voice recognition there's a similar app for FB messenger and whatsapp, cloudmagic and other apps I don't use with the same ability to reply with the same type of keyboard called Quick for Wear.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.michy.quickforwear&token=V-rw_jJr

There is also a demo of both available if you want to test before buying.

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is helpful or not: I use Google's Messenger (not Facebook Messenger) on a Nexus 5 and I get the "View conversation" option when I swipe on the watch. Maybe there's something goofy about the built-in default messaging app from Samsung?

OzvalDroid

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I use the texting app Textra and have never had any issues. You can read and reply your messages via voice or emojis. I highly recommend it!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary