Shut off Wifi?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to shut off wifi to save battery and block cloud access in case I lose my zenwatch 2? As it is anybody that steals or finds it can read all my emails and texts by connecting to wifi.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think if you go into Settings you can disconnect from your WiFi connection then make sure AUTO detect WiFi Networks (if it's an option) is disabled. That should stop the watch from from using WiFi and help with your battery life.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think if you go into Settings you can disconnect from your WiFi connection then make sure AUTO detect WiFi Networks (if it's an option) is disabled. That should stop the watch from from using WiFi and help with your battery life.
I see no such option in settings. There is an option labeled wifi. If I tap it available networks are displayed. I can find no option in watch nor in android wear app on phone to shut off wifi nor block cloud use. That is why I am frustrated and asking for help. Thanks anyway but I need aomebody who owns the same watch and has actually done it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01