What Do You Think?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, guys!

I'm in the market for a new smartwatch. I bought an entry-level one about six months ago to test the waters; and I have decided to upgrade soon, as I know I'd make good use out of a higher-end model. Plus, the one I have is showing some wear and I'm now getting some lag.

I'm looking at the Zenwatch 2. It looks really stylish and it does all the fitness stuff I'm looking for; plus it also does sleep monitoring. Best Buy Canada has it for $269. I'm going to see if Newegg has it cheaper or at a comparable price. Anyway, I was just wondering if users could answer these questions about it:

- it's apparently water resistant for 1 metre for half an hour. My job requires a lot of hand washing - I'm assuming this kind of activity is harmless for the Zenwatch?

- the stainless steel strap is gorgeous - but how soon does it show wear? I really wanted a black band - how durable is the silver? It's stainless steel, so I'm assuming it's pretty durable?

- how do you find the accuracy of the activity tracking and sleep monitoring? I do a lot of walking and running around, and I'm really trying to get an accurate count of my physical activity in order to become healthier.

Thank you!

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I only recently got my ZenWatch 2 as it was more stylish than my Sony Smartwatch 3 and has a speaker for audible notifications. If you're looking for a smart watch for a lot of sport and activities the ZenWatch may not be the best choice as there's no heart rate monitor. If that doesn't bother you then you've picked a great smart watch

Gerald Senear

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Neither the sleep monitoring or pedometer is accurate. Nor are they even on the sports watches made for for that purpose. If I were you I would remove the watch before hand washing. The Zenwatch water protection is just for a few splotches of rain if you are cought in a storm. Aside from that you can['t get a better watch to interact with Android wear. Good luck.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Neither the sleep monitoring or pedometer is accurate. Nor are they even on the sports watches made for for that purpose. If I were you I would remove the watch before hand washing. The Zenwatch water protection is just for a few splotches of rain if you are cought in a storm. Aside from that you can['t get a better watch to interact with Android wear. Good luck.
Is the pedometer accurate in any watch?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I heard the Zenwatch 2 doesn't keep up with your steps up until step like 16 or so. Other than that it's a great smartwatch. I just got mine and have been going through stainless, leather and metal straps trying to find the best one. I think I've finally found my pick. Here it is.
35015df8fce74aadd57cf5e7b41fc2c7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair