How do I reprogram the top button? (Solved)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I know that somewhere on the web I saw that the top button can be programmed to jump to my favorite app. I just can't figure out how to do that. It always goes to ZenFit. Anybody know how/where this can be done? Also, is it possible to program the bottom one also?

Last edited:

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I reprogram the top button?

You will need to download the ZenWatch app from the Play Store, it will allow you to program the top button.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

You will need to download the ZenWatch app from the Play Store, it will allow you to program the top button.

I've done that. But I can't find anything in there to control the buttons.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Actually, it's an Asus watch app. Swipe left, then select the "Button setting" app. Then you can select from the apps on the ZW3.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't find the app that we need to reprogram it. Anyone have a link they could share?

It's a watch app, pre-installed by Asus, so there's no link to share. As posted above, on the ZenWatch 3 itself, swipe left to open the app list, then scroll to the "Button setting" app and open it. You'll be presented with a list of apps that can be set for the top button, select the one you want and you're done.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
By the way, the ZenWatch Manager app was updated and you can now set the bottom button as well. Nice, I didn't like it fixed to Eco mode, changed mine to Settings.

Robert Goldhammer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I installed the latest Zenwatch Manager 3.1 from the play store and done a "un-pair"
(factory reset watch) and I still don't have the "Button Settings" app in my app drawer.

Is there anything else that I can try or need to do to get the "Button Settings" app?
Too bad it's not an APK file that can be installed using adb..

Thanks!

Robert Goldhammer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I was looking at the watch but surprisingly the buttons settings showed up
in the app drawer of my watch a couple days ago. I must have re-installed the
zenwatch manager 3-4 times and the buttons setting icon in the watch did not
show up in my watch at the time. I don't know why it took it so long to appear.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes I was looking at the watch but surprisingly the buttons settings showed up
in the app drawer of my watch a couple days ago. I must have re-installed the
zenwatch manager 3-4 times and the buttons setting icon in the watch did not
show up in my watch at the time. I don't know why it took it so long to appear.

Very strange, but glad to see it's working now. I'm particularly happy Asus is letting us change both buttons now. Didn't like the bottom one locked to Eco mode.