ZenWatch sensor issues anyone else?

h6y3

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

Lurker coming out of hiding here - great forum, I just never had a need to post until now. I just got my Zenwatch and it's been great so far. I'm pretty familiar with all of the other models and I have to say this is my favorite of the bunch. However, my Zenwatch seems to overestimate both heart rate and steps dramatically - at least 2x or more.

I'm basing this on my own dedicated tracker data (Withings Pulse, iPhone 6+, Samsung S4 GE edition) as well as heart rate data from both a dedicated heart rate monitor, blood pressure monitor, and the Withings Pulse. In short, I know it's really wrong.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm hoping its just a software issue and not a hardware because I don't want to bother with a return if the problem will likely get fixed. Any help would be much much appreciated.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
All AW watches with these features are notoriously inaccurate, it's just the reality of it at this point in time...I suspect it is not a software issue but only time will tell...

h6y3

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing is, I had a Moto 360 for a month and to its credit it was at least within the margins (+/- 10%). The ZenWatch so far is embarrassingly wrong. I've reset it a couple of times but alas, the HRM is hit or miss. I'm going to do another test with the step data (which is more important to me anyway) and see if a reset might have fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX