Why is my Zenwatch Step count so inaccurate?

Scott264

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Step count issues

I'm mostly happy with my zenwatch but as has been mentioned, the step count and heart rate are woefully inaccurate. I've also noticed that when using a watch face that shows step count such as the included "Explorer" watch face, the step count doesn't show up at all or fails to update. I've selected Asus' Wellness app...maybe Android "Fit" will work better....?

Tony Rizzo

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Step count issues

I found the step count to be very accurate. I use the wellness app because it updates in live time. The "fit" app is a waste it doesn't report the steps accurately, it's always way off. When you use "wellness" your count will always match your watch. Even if the two devices lose their connection it will always update 'wellness" correctly.Good luck!

remix1982

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I agree about the Fit App... It's very inaccurate. I've used the Wellness app and the Jawbone Up app and both are fairly aligned to each other give or take +/- 5 steps

Tony Rizzo

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

I agree completely, In fact both Wellness and Jawbone always match my step count . I can leave my phone home and go walking and when I get back it syncs up to wellness and matches. Can't say the same for "fit". Always off by hundreds if not thousands of steps.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

All Android Fit does for me is get in the way. I've uninstalled it. My Samsung Fit didn't count well until an update or 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance