Phone Battery Life

Grifter73

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got my ZenWatch delivered to me. As I was setting it up, I noticed the phone battery draining terribly. It dropped about 30% in an hour. I have a new Droid Turbo, so the battery life has been great until now. I usually get about a day and a half from a full charge. Is this kind of phone battery drain normal, or is it just because of the initial setup of the watch (updates, adding watch faces, etc.)? If this is normal, I may need to rethink a smartwatch, because I usually don't have an opportunity to charge my phone throughout the day.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I should be receiving mine today also, just waiting for the UPS man to knock on my door. But to answer your question, you should be fine. Once you get everything set up and you get done playing with the watch and the battery starts to set in to your daily use, then you'll see the true battery life. From everything that I've read, the battery easily last an entire day, with a good percentage left when it's time to go on the charger. This also shouldn't effect your phone's battery that much at all.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
My s4 does not seem to drain any faster. Did you have bluetooth enabled at all before you got the watch? I did due to my hands-free phone service in my car stereo, but if you never had it enabled before, then you are probably seeing the impact of having bluetooth enabled.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a droid turbo and you cannot tell my 360 is connected as far as battery for me. I'm still getting a day and a half with about 6 hours of on screen time out of the turbo. You must have something else draining it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Grifter73

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
It must have been going through the initial set up (downloading watch faces, checking heart rate, and just generally playing with a new toy), because it has gotten a lot better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae