Heart rate sensor

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I like the watch but the heart rate sensor is horribly inaccurate (high) for me.. Anyone get it to work (well)?

I use other heart rate sensors so typically know where my heart rate is, but at rest in getting anywhere from 130 - 170, which is just wrong. I suppose it's cool that it's not telling me that it's 2, or 800, but it's no where near close enough to be usable.

Anyone else have any luck?

Posted via Android Central App

Hemdroids

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree - mine reads 62 when my resting rate is typically in the low 40's.

How do you know yours is typically low 40s? I just ask because that's pretty damn low, though I suppose very active people can get there.

Mine typically reads around 60-70, with some random misreads. Not terrible, but I wouldn't rely too heavy on it. More of a bonus cool feature for me.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
How do you know yours is typically low 40s? I just ask because that's pretty damn low, though I suppose very active people can get there.

Mine typically reads around 60-70, with some random misreads. Not terrible, but I wouldn't rely too heavy on it. More of a bonus cool feature for me.

It was typically in the low 50's, measured by nurses at appointments,with electrocardiograms, and with a phone app that uses the camera. Then three years ago it dropped to the low 40's at rest, for no apparent reason - detected in an electrocardiogram. Stress test could not get it over 125. Holter monitor indicates it drops to low 30's when sleeping, and it dropped to 27 under anesthesia. No explanation, doctors not concerned, and I am a 56yr old non-athlete.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine's way off.. My resting is around 60, but will be 120-180.... Not quite sure if I'm measuring it wrong or what, but it's not even close enough to use... And yeah, I was going to ask you if you're an athlete (with a resting pulse of 40)

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine's way off.. My resting is around 60, but will be 120-180.... Not quite sure if I'm measuring it wrong or what, but it's not even close enough to use... And yeah, I was going to ask you if you're an athlete (with a resting pulse of 40)

Try comparing the Zen to the android app "Instant Heart Rate". When I had my stress test I told the nurses/techs about it, and since they were curious about the accuracy we ran several comparisons after my test while they had me hooked up to the electrocardiogram. It was surprisingly accurate.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Try comparing the Zen to the android app "Instant Heart Rate". When I had my stress test I told the nurses/techs about it, and since they were curious about the accuracy we ran several comparisons after my test while they had me hooked up to the electrocardiogram. It was surprisingly accurate.

That's slick! 57 bpm at rest.. Pretty much what I would expect (I also have a chest strap that I can use to monitor).. But the watch is still off.. 87 bpm.. About 50% too high.. Unusable

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Tried wetting my finger tips a bit and it got a little closer (actually gave me a reading, whereas it would not even read a minute ago).. 47 and 83.. Still too far off.. Oh well

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I got a Cardio guy to tell my doctor the stress test was a waste of time. Goog Cardio guy...

So you believe a trainer over a doctor? A stress test monitors for anomalies when the heart is stressed, indicating problems such as blockages that need to be addressed.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
They have criteria for how hard and long they can go. Didn't max out the steepness as I have a lot of spinal cord damage and often look like I might fall.