Why the zenwatch over the 360?

lunchbox88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Both are lookers, so why choose the zenwatch over the 360? I'm going to get one or the other, just having a hard time choosing.

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Both are lookers, so why choose the zenwatch over the 360? I'm going to get one or the other, just having a hard time choosing.

Thanks!

I haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm thinking about switching from the Moto 360 to the Asus Zenwatch. The main reasons are for using standard watchbands and having a fixed charging port for ADB use.

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The Zen is thinner & I also like to change bands around & Zen is perfect for this. In use there is very little difference between the 2. The Zen is $50 cheaper.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
As a 360 user, I really like the Pascual watchface that has an active calendar ring that shows appointment times for the day. Do Zen watchfaces have the same capabilities?

lunchbox88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was at Best Buy today and they had a couple in stock so I bought one. So far I love it! Feels so much more premium than my Pebble.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Zen and haven't tried the Moto 360 so I can't really compare the two. I can say that I really like the Zen. It's a good looking watch and is very light and comfortable to wear. The software is obviously pretty much the same except for a few extra's each manufacturer throws in. I was a little concerned about battery life but I get a full day out of the watch with about 35-40% still on it when I hook it up at around midnight for recharging. I could easily get a day and a half out of it. That's with the screen set at 4 which is the second to highest brightness setting. Some of the watch faces obviously will use more power than others so maybe the one I'm using is a good one!

I would recommend the watch to others.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I like both, however I've only had the 360 for couple weeks before I returned it for Gear S (sold that for the zenwatch). I do think the display is nicer on the zenwatch and it is definitely snappier than the 360. The one thing I do miss is the round face though, as it seems there are a lot nicer and cooler custom watchfaces tailored to round faces compared to square.

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for a few weeks now, and love it. Had the MOTO 360 and Galaxy Gear, but returned both. Battery life is great, I'm at 52% having been off the charger for 13 hours. Played around with the various watch face designers on the Play Store, then finally decided on Beautiful Weather Watch Face, a little over $1.00 in the Play Store. Gives me a lot of information, as you can see in the photo.2015-01-15 20.05.21.jpg

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Thanks!

For me, it was the larger and square screen for more visibility and room to use. Also the 360 is real thick and the battery reportedly doesn't last as long as the Zen's.

bujin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
For me, it was the larger and square screen for more visibility and room to use. Also the 360 is real thick and the battery reportedly doesn't last as long as the Zen's.

Is the screen larger? I thought I had read that the Moto 360 was larger. This is my biggest question before going for a watch: I ended up returning the Gear Live because my over-50 eyes couldn't see it clearly, so I'd love to pick up one with a slightly larger screen. (I figured if I have to take out my cheaters, I might as well take out my phone)

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Screens are all the same resolution, so if it's too big physically, it's won't look great (pixelated).

ZenWatch is square which is nice so you get full visibility of the screen.

Also ZenWatch had a text size setting so you can have the text be a bigger size if desired.

I use my glasses though for any real 'reading' the watch other than the time.

I use the voice sometimes to avoid glasses and just 'trust' the translation (text messages, etc).. I'm amazed by his good the speech to text is on accuracy. It's amazing.

Posted via Android Central App

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Also take a look at how wear handles round displays.. Someone at work told me the corners of some apps are cut off.. But then again you get the round look (and no bezel).. So are tradeoffs

Posted via Android Central App

waldopepper

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I agonised over the choice between these two but in the end went for the Zenwatch mostly because:
Premium design, square face (don't miss anything with the edges), easier surface (the 360 looks like you hit the edge of the surround when swiping maybe?), customisable with watch straps

I like the idea of having a Wear device that you could disguise as an actual watch which the 360 can do, but it was just too chunky a design for me.

The Zen is slimmer, but I don't think you would look at it and think it was a regular watch before seeing a notification pop up.

Ultimately they are designs where most will simply prefer one over the other because of the shape I think.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Moto360 for the Zenwatch and can say for sure I made the better decision. Not only does the Zenwatch feel more comfortable on the arm, but the battery lasts noticeably longer as well. Also you can tell that the Zenwatch is faster as it does not lag at all. My Moto360 had a few stutters here and there when browsing through the settings. I think the Zenwatch looks classier too. Personally, I think square is better than circle designs. The display on the Moto360 was kind of limited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs