New Zenwatch won't charge

fountain_swfl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new Asus Zenwatch from BestBuy on Thursday. It charged that night to 100% but I noticed when I pulled it off the charger this morning that it hadn't charged at all. I've been messing around with it most of the night but haven't had any luck. I've tested that the USB cable is good but can't test the charging dock. I also reset the watch back do defaults to see if it had any effect, no luck. It's as if it doesn't even know it's connected to a charging source. Anybody else having any issues like this?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new Asus Zenwatch from BestBuy on Thursday. It charged that night to 100% but I noticed when I pulled it off the charger this morning that it hadn't charged at all. I've been messing around with it most of the night but haven't had any luck. I've tested that the USB cable is good but can't test the charging dock. I also reset the watch back do defaults to see if it had any effect, no luck. It's as if it doesn't even know it's connected to a charging source. Anybody else having any issues like this?

Several possibilities. First - ensure you have it the right way on the watch so the contacts line up. Second - make sure the USB connector is fully in the cradle. I have experienced both of these issues myself. Check to see if the charging light comes on next to the USB cable when you put the watch in the cradle. If still not working, be aware that some have complained that the latest Android Wear update (5.0.2) doesn't always charge the first time you put it in the cradle. Re-inserting it a time or two seems to resolve it. Whenever you put it on the charger, be sure the light comes on and the charge indicator on the screen shows it is charging - presuming the watch face you select shows that.

Last edited:

waldopepper

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I had this exact problem after one or two days of initial use - it didn't charge over night and when I tried to get it working that evening, the square charging light in the cradle itself didn't come on, so it was an issue with either the cradle or the watch itself. I had to return & get a replacement for mine because nothing seemed to fix this.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Cleaning the charger and charging port with a pencil eraser actually worked. I had tried everything else and nothing worked. Thanks!
Wow! So it was just a bad or dirty connection. I would have never thought to try a pencil eraser to both sides. I'm shocked that worked but glad it fixed it for you. By the way how long is your battery lasting?