Update failed, went onto ADB Update screen and powered off and now my ZenFone 5 will not work. How can I get it working?

A

AC Question

Update failed, went onto ADB Update screen and powered off and now my ZenFone 5 will not work.

Please help me. I had my ZenFone rooted, then tried to update (an update notification popped up). It failed and went to the boot options screen. I chose reboot and then unrooted my ZenFone, retried the update and it failed again. I meant to choose reboot, but I accidentally selected "Update from ADB" or something like that. After seeing no visible way to get back from that screen, I panicked and powered off by holding my power button. Now my phone will not boot at all. When I try to boot it up, I just get a screen with a USB symbol on it and a white bar for a second before it powers off again. Once I plug it into my computer, it then boots and stays on that screen but I have no idea what I can do to get back into OS. Please help, this is my only phone and I need it on regularly a day-to-day basis. I'm really panicking and super scared that it's never gonna work again...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update failed, went onto ADB Update screen and powered off and now my ZenFone 5 will not work.

Bring it to your carrier, tell them that it started doing an update, failed and won't turn on again. Ask them to please fix what their update broke. (That's it, short and sweet, no information they don't ask for.)

An update that finds a rooted phone should just stop at that point (unfortunately, the message it gives you is that it failed). Update from zip file, or anything like that shouldn't do anything - it should just be waiting for you to send it an update file to use.

Bhaskar s jois

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Update failed, went onto ADB Update screen and powered off and now my ZenFone 5 will not work.

you can use the recovery option by holding both upper volume key and power key simultaneously.you can navigate through volume keys.navigate to recovery option and press the power key.three modes of recovery takes place.be patience and once recovery is over,it will automatically switch on.else power on manually by holding power key.the file will recover and android will upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox