Why do I have buzzing when out of Bluetooth range?

Troy Adam

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Buzzing when out of bluetooth range

Whenever I get out of Bluetooth range of my phone, my zenwatch buzzes four times. When I come back in range, it buzzes twice. In my zenwatch manager, I have the "Forgot phone warning" set to OFF. Can anyone tell me why I am getting the buzzing when I lose the Bluetooth connection to the phone and when it is re-established? It's really annoying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Buzzing when out of bluetooth range

Welcome to Android Central! That's strange, because mine only buzzes once when it's out of range, and doesn't buzz when back in range. I have my "Forgot Phone" feature turned on.

Does this persist after rebooting the watch?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Buzzing when out of bluetooth range

Asus just released an update for Zenwatch Manager--make sure it's updated, and see if the problem continues.

Troy Adam

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
My Zenwatch Manager is version 1.6.0.1.50605, which I believe is the most recent version.

I tried uninstalling everything, factory resetting the watch and installing everything again.

Still, it buzzes 4 times when the phone gets out of range and 2 times when it comes back into range.

Mute doesn't stop it.

Argh!

Troy Adam

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
It would appear the problem came from the new version of Zenwatch manager and one of the old watch faces I had downloaded. Once I deleted all the watch faces I had the problem went away.