Steps numbers gone crazy

waldopepper

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Since, maybe a few weeks ago the steps recorded on my Zenwatch have gone crazier than a bag of spiders.

I know on average I do between 7,500 - 10,000 steps a day if I have my normal routine. Lately it's gone over 15, 20, even 25k steps a day. It was on the same pedometer sensitivity as it always has been, I tried changing it to the least sensitive level but I still get crazily high readings. I think it might be racking up steps whilst I'm not moving. I'm sure I noticed it around 10k once then it actually dropped to 8k a little while later. Other times I get the 'you have been inactive' notification when I have been sat down.

What is even weirder though is that despite how sensitive it is or if it's incorrectly recording steps, the achievement-type cards that flash up bear little resemblance to the steps shown. E.g. it might say 15,000 steps taken on the watch face, but the card shown says I have taken 1,700. Surely these should at least always been the same?

Has anyone else experienced these issues? At first I thought just a pedometer (mechanical) problem but now it also seems software related if the notifications don't match the step numbers?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed big numbers like that--but what I have noticed is that Zen Wellness seems to be more sensitive than Google Fit. By the end of the day, Wellness usually reports about 25% more steps than Fit (and I think Fit is more accurate). This is on the watch, not the phone.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My pedometer is not working at all any longer on my watch. It first went crazy, like you describe, and now it just doesn't register anything. Frustrating!

Posted via the Android Central App

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My pedometer is not working at all any longer on my watch. It first went crazy, like you describe, and now it just doesn't register anything. Frustrating!

Posted via the Android Central App

Had that bug in fact, the moment I bought it. Just updated the firmware and then factory reset and never had that issue again.

Did had connecting/disconnecting issues that got fixed by also doing a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo