Waeather Won't Display On Watchfaces Anymore

mikeisnowonfire

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Recently my ZenWatch has not been displaying the weather. I have an attached picture that shows what it looks like every time I try to add the weather. I have tried many things and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 42

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using to change your watch face? Are you using the pre-installed watch faces or an app?

If you are using an app, have you tried going back to the pre-installed options to see if that corrects the problem?

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Huh. That is odd. The only time I lose the weather is when the bluetooth connection between my phone and watch is lost. I'm guessing that you've already tried turning off the bluetooth for a couple of minutes and then turning it back on to try to reset the connection? You've probably already tried resetting your watch, too, right?

I've been trying to figure out where the watch gets its weather information. My guess is that it is coming from Google. My watch has AccuWeather on it. I had that app on my phone and it automatically added it to my watch when I linked the two together. This is a shot in the dark, but you could try downloading that app to see if it corrects the problem. My Accuweather might be overriding Google's weather.

I guess it's possible that something has gone wrong with the notifications between your phone and your watch. When I first got my watch, I had to turn off some notifications because I was getting a billion notifications a day. I wonder if you accidentally turned off a notification or if you have an app that needs to be refreshed? If it's a notification issue, you just need to figure out which app is sending the weather to your watch and then go to your Application Manager and make sure the box is checked to send notifications.

It may be that the Zenwatch Manager app is responsible fore sending all of that information to your watch. With that in mind, here's an idea: A few weeks ago, my Google Play store stopped working on my phone. It was ruining everything on my phone because I couldn't update any apps. I thought my whole phone was dying. It turned out that I just needed to go the the Google Play Store app and clear the cache and clear the data. After that, I rebooted my phone and everything was corrected. You could try to do that with the ZenWatch Manager app. You might have to reset some of the settings on your watch after you do it.

To clear the cache and data: Go to your phone settings. Next, find the Application Manager. On my phone, that's listed under the "General tab." Find your downloaded apps list and look for Zenwatch Manager. You'll see a button to "clear cache" and to "clear data." You have to do them one at a time. I'm not sure if it matters which order you do it in. After you do it, you might try rebooting your phone and your watch. The Application Manager list is also where you can go to check that notifications are turned on. If a notification is turned off on your phone, you won't get the notification on your watch.

I hope it helps... I know it's a shot in the dark.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
If your GPS / location services are turned off, this loss of weather information will occur with the stock ZenWatch watch faces.

Use a third party watch face like watchmaker that allows you to input a manual location if you want to leave your GPS off, but still get weather info :) .

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
If your GPS / location services are turned off, this loss of weather information will occur with the stock ZenWatch watch faces.

Use a third party watch face like watchmaker that allows you to input a manual location if you want to leave your GPS off, but still get weather info :) .

Yep,

Also be careful to chose watch faces that do work with manual weather.