What have you bought for it yet?

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
What have you bought for it yet?

When I went to the att store I had the opportunity to buy the Otterbox, even though the phone isn't out yet.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at 32g cards. Thinking it would be nice to already have that in hand waiting on the phone. I am still up in the air as to which case I am going to get, I really want to use the car dock and the HD dock but don't want to strip it out of a defender each time...

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Get the Lexar High Speed Flash memory card - 32 GB microSDHC - 1 x memory

Al-R8A7cK3BvmNBkoui7FXEffMxrweTbIFsMPsdxElPbk_5k6wx2dtsMi8n5x1yfOjJMXM-3hDw_PRPMmZbw7a6QinoO1AyG3DeZhGtTtKvXJFT80ViRG3rP2Ww1OQ

Reactions: dopestar

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
That is a great price. Much better than the 150 range that they have on AT&T's site. I am weary about buying cards from ebay, I got screwed on a 8gb card a few years back.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Patriot 16GB class 10 from newegg.com in anticipation of getting my new Atrix. We'll see how good it is. So far it seems fine. I've been using it in my BlackBerry.

Also, I purchased the car dock and the AT&T Atrix screen protectors when I ordered my phone. I really want an Otterbox case, but I don't think I want to take the phone out of it everytime I use my car dock. I also plan on purchasing the standard dock later (not paying $50 for it from AT&T).

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Patriot 16GB class 10 from newegg.com in anticipation of getting my new Atrix. We'll see how good it is. So far it seems fine. I've been using it in my BlackBerry..

I returned my patriot 32 gb out of the fear that it may not work well with android, as many reviews have suggested.

I wanted to send it back before the RMA window closed, i suggest you think about doing the same and getting the lexar.

Askia32

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The only thing about the Lexar is that I can't find alot of reviews for it. But checking on newegg, the Patriot reviews are pretty bad when put in a droid.

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Where does everyone find the class information at? I was looking at the Sandisk cards ATT carries since I get a discount on in store accessories but cant figure out what class they are.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Lexar card and want to format it for Android. Do I need to use FAT32 and what allocation unit size would be best for fastest writes? I read the latter should be 64 kilobytes.

Edit: Should I keep the mediamove software that is preloaded on the card and not format at all?

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Lexar card and want to format it for Android. Do I need to use FAT32 and what allocation unit size would be best for fastest writes? I read the latter should be 64 kilobytes.

Edit: Should I keep the mediamove software that is preloaded on the card and not format at all?

Put it into your phone that you plan to use it with. Press format in the OS.

Last edited:

Effington

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind, you don't need a dock for the multimedia experience OR the webtop experience as far as I know - just an HDMI cable and a monitor to plug it into. I guess you'd need the multimedia dock if you want to use USB peripherals, but bluetooth should connect fine.

You don't even need an HDMI-in on your monitor - just get an HDMI to DVI adapter. I looking for mini-HDMI to DVI cables, and I couldn't find one, but they do make mini-HDMI to standard-HDMI adapters and that can be used with an HDMI to DVI cable.

In any case, don't overpay for any of these ridiculous accessories - at least not right away. That's early adopter tax. If the laptop dock or others don't sell, they'll have to drop the price. Or maybe we'll see some third party offerings down the road...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's an incredibly dumb question I suppose, but - I was trying to decide whether to get the standard dock & the HD Multimedia dock - I wanted a dock to sit on my bedside, to have the phone angled nicely, displaying the clock, as an alarm sort of deal, and any other bonus that would go with it.

If I get the Multimedia Dock, can it double as the standard dock as well? So, it's like a souped-up standard dock? A standard dock that can also do more? If so, I'll of course just buy the Multimedia dock by itself rather than both that and the standard dock. I don't mind moving it around.

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I assume from looking at the videos and pictures that the mutltimedia dock has all the USB and HDMI outputs while the standard dock only charges. So I would believe the multimedia dock would do the same thing as the standard dock.

Obviously I dont know for sure but Im planning on doing the same thing as you.

Reactions: Jonneh

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Great, we'll be the guinea pigs then! At least I won't be alone drowning in my tears if it doesn't double as a standard dock, lol. :p Thanks Lason!