Wired Headsets with Controls

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright...you can complain about pentile screen, HSUPA, it ain't the atrix, etc but I have a real issue :). I've got a $200 pair of headphones that won't work to their full capacity. I've got a pair of Dre Beats which have the inline controls and they won't work with the Atrix. Everytime I push the controller, it dials the last number called. It worked without issue on my N1 with skipping tracks/play/pause.

I don't have any issues with the Rocketfish bluetooth headset...everything works fine.

Has anyone else tried a wired headset with controllers? Did you run into any problems?

phro321

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add Motorola S10-HD works great.

But how does the rocketfish compare? I want to get my wife the rocketfish and keep the moto for me.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to add Motorola S10-HD works great.

But how does the rocketfish compare? I want to get my wife the rocketfish and keep the moto for me.

Man, I can't complain about them at all but I haven't used any others. The sound quality is good but nothing like a wired set like my Bose or Dre Beats. I use the BT headset most often for working in the yards when I don't want to get a wire caught on something.

Reactions: phro321

tychadwell

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The only possible thing I can think of is another application has taken control of the headset controls.

What music app are you using?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The only possible thing I can think of is another application has taken control of the headset controls.

What music app are you using?

I've tried stock and real player. Want to use DoubleTwist or PowerAmp but neither one will recognize my external SD where my music is stored.

Have you had any luck with headset controls yourself?

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this'll help you but I've got Etymotic HF-5s with inline controls (single button only, no volume control) and they work with the Headset Button Controller app.

I have limited control with the default music app but all I really wanted was next track which works fine.

RacecarBMW

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Although slightly off topic does the atrix come with headphones?

Also anyone know if the headphones that connect to the microusb work?

Some thing like this

Last edited:

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this'll help you but I've got Etymotic HF-5s with inline controls (single button only, no volume control) and they work with the Headset Button Controller app.

I have limited control with the default music app but all I really wanted was next track which works fine.

The HF2's also work and they have an inline mic. Great headsets.

MrLee

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the RF3 Envi set...not sure if the set is wonky or the controls...occasionally it works, as in the voice command thing comes up..sometimes it doesn't.

Though the mic works for calls. I had to long press to pick up the call.

I tried the headset controller app, but it doesn't work me...instead of forwarding as I set, it turns the music player on and off...

And it locks the mediacenter's process to 100% CPU.
Checked that on systemPanel.

jcamachott

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Disappointing, not that Motorola changed the pinout, but that they could have at least shipped the Atrix with an adapter or a working headset.

I think Nokia has done this with the new WP7 phones as well.

I can't believe that there aren't even adapters available online - that I gotta build one myself ;).

Sorry to say, but it will never work. Motorola switched the pinout on the Atrix, Cliq and Xoom to a new standard. You could wire up an adapter cable to switch the two poles.

OMTP Headset Support - Motorola Mobility, Inc. Canada

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've tried stock and real player. Want to use DoubleTwist or PowerAmp but neither one will recognize my external SD where my music is stored.

Have you had any luck with headset controls yourself?

Make sure that you have your sd-card folders to be scanned

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Alright...you can complain about pentile screen, HSUPA, it ain't the atrix, etc but I have a real issue :). I've got a $200 pair of headphones that won't work to their full capacity. I've got a pair of Dre Beats which have the inline controls and they won't work with the Atrix. Everytime I push the controller, it dials the last number called. It worked without issue on my N1 with skipping tracks/play/pause.

I don't have any issues with the Rocketfish bluetooth headset...everything works fine.

Has anyone else tried a wired headset with controllers? Did you run into any problems?

I have the beats by Dr. Dre Tour and i use power amp and the controller works. I do 1 click to pause/play and a long click to change the song havent found out how to go back tough

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463