Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Wired Headsets with Controls

Alright...you can complain about pentile screen, HSUPA, it ain't the atrix, etc but I have a real issue . I've got a $200 pair of headphones that won't work to their full capacity. I've got a pair of Dre Beats which have the inline controls and they won't work with the Atrix. Everytime I push the controller, it dials the last number called. It worked without issue on my N1 with skipping tracks/play/pause.

I don't have any issues with the Rocketfish bluetooth headset...everything works fine.

Has anyone else tried a wired headset with controllers? Did you run into any problems?

Just wanted to add Motorola S10-HD works great.

But how does the rocketfish compare? I want to get my wife the rocketfish and keep the moto for me.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by phro321 View Post

But how does the rocketfish compare? I want to get my wife the rocketfish and keep the moto for me.
    Man, I can't complain about them at all but I haven't used any others. The sound quality is good but nothing like a wired set like my Bose or Dre Beats. I use the BT headset most often for working in the yards when I don't want to get a wire caught on something.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bump

Has anybody heard of any fix for this allowing the buttons to function on wired/mic'd headsets?
    Thanked by:

The only possible thing I can think of is another application has taken control of the headset controls.

What music app are you using?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by tychadwell View Post
    The only possible thing I can think of is another application has taken control of the headset controls.

What music app are you using?
    I've tried stock and real player. Want to use DoubleTwist or PowerAmp but neither one will recognize my external SD where my music is stored.

Have you had any luck with headset controls yourself?

Sorry to say, but it will never work. Motorola switched the pinout on the Atrix, Cliq and Xoom to a new standard. You could wire up an adapter cable to switch the two poles.

OMTP Headset Support - Motorola Mobility, Inc. Canada
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by secretlevel View Post
    Sorry to say, but it will never work. Motorola switched the pinout on the Atrix, Cliq and Xoom to a new standard. You could wire up an adapter cable to switch the two poles.

I feel torn thanking you for info I didn't want to hear, but thanks for sharing the info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phro321 View Post

So do the Sony DR-BT22 headphones. Next/Previous, Volume - all work.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by tjp888 View Post
    So do the Sony DR-BT22 headphones. Next/Previous, Volume - all work.
    I'm 2 for 2 with bluetooth headsets so I would assume you will be fine. It seems to just be wired headsets with the rocker controls built in due to moto changing the wiring

Not sure if this'll help you but I've got Etymotic HF-5s with inline controls (single button only, no volume control) and they work with the Headset Button Controller app.

I have limited control with the default music app but all I really wanted was next track which works fine.

Although slightly off topic does the atrix come with headphones?

Also anyone know if the headphones that connect to the microusb work?

Some thing like this

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by icwhatudidthere View Post
    Not sure if this'll help you but I've got Etymotic HF-5s with inline controls (single button only, no volume control) and they work with the Headset Button Controller app.

I have limited control with the default music app but all I really wanted was next track which works fine.
    The HF2's also work and they have an inline mic. Great headsets.

ROM
    Stock

I have the RF3 Envi set...not sure if the set is wonky or the controls...occasionally it works, as in the voice command thing comes up..sometimes it doesn't.

Though the mic works for calls. I had to long press to pick up the call.

I tried the headset controller app, but it doesn't work me...instead of forwarding as I set, it turns the music player on and off...

And it locks the mediacenter's process to 100% CPU.
    Checked that on systemPanel.

Default Re: Wired Headsets with Controls

Disappointing, not that Motorola changed the pinout, but that they could have at least shipped the Atrix with an adapter or a working headset.

I think Nokia has done this with the new WP7 phones as well.

I can't believe that there aren't even adapters available online - that I gotta build one myself .

Quote Originally Posted by secretlevel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jess.hickey View Post
    I've tried stock and real player. Want to use DoubleTwist or PowerAmp but neither one will recognize my external SD where my music is stored.

Have you had any luck with headset controls yourself?
    Make sure that you have your sd-card folders to be scanned

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jess.hickey View Post
    Alright...you can complain about pentile screen, HSUPA, it ain't the atrix, etc but I have a real issue . I've got a $200 pair of headphones that won't work to their full capacity. I've got a pair of Dre Beats which have the inline controls and they won't work with the Atrix. Everytime I push the controller, it dials the last number called. It worked without issue on my N1 with skipping tracks/play/pause.

I don't have any issues with the Rocketfish bluetooth headset...everything works fine.

Has anyone else tried a wired headset with controllers? Did you run into any problems?
    I have the beats by Dr. Dre Tour and i use power amp and the controller works. I do 1 click to pause/play and a long click to change the song havent found out how to go back tough

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2