Atrix Vehicle Dock

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I took mine back within 48 hours. I don't have a line in on my truck so I lost that feature of the fancy plug that give you. Figured what the hay, I'll just us my existing iTrip (fm modulator and usb charger all in one...because it worked fine with my N1) but the cigarette adapter doesn't push enough juice to charge the Atrix.

It also force plays the music through USB (if you have an A2DP set) if you don't use the line out that comes with it so you have to kill your bluetooth.

With all this, I figured I'd go get a one-size-fits-all holder and manually put the phone into car/home.

My two cents.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmm.. vehicle dock that doesn't charge ? :(:(

Is it hands free calling and gps ?

It comes with a usb to micro cable that has a headphone to headphone plug so you can listen through your car stereo (if you have a line-in on your stereo). You just have to supply the cigarette adapter to plug the cable into a power source or some cars have usb ports in them.

The maps/gps work just fine and I believe you can do hands free...but again, because I didn't use the line-out I'm not sure how it will work if you have an active BT connection.

If you live close enough to a store, pick it up, try it out and take it back if you don't like it. They were real nice about taking mine back, no questions asked.

Good Luck!

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Overall I've had to figure a few things out like getting the audio to play via the line-in port instead of my Q2 Bluetooth headset, I finally fixed that. My only issue now is trying to figure out how to select the song, artist, or playlist using music app. In car mode when you click on the music app it does not seem to allow you to browse your library. It just plays the last thing you were listening too best I can tell.

jeremy81

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving mine. Yes, I was disappointed that it doesn't come with a regular car charger. Amazon has an authentic Motorola charger for less than 6 dollars in OEM packaging that works great though. If you aren't navigating you can set it to view your location on the map and it also displays your current speed(very accurately) and direction which I love. You can also set up Vlingo to automatically read your incoming text to you and use voice commands to dictate a text.

On another note you can purchase it directly from AT&T with a 30% discount by going to Exclusive online offers for AT&T customers

CrashXtreme

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving mine. Yes, I was disappointed that it doesn't come with a regular car charger. Amazon has an authentic Motorola charger for less than 6 dollars in OEM packaging that works great though. If you aren't navigating you can set it to view your location on the map and it also displays your current speed(very accurately) and direction which I love. You can also set up Vlingo to automatically read your incoming text to you and use voice commands to dictate a text.

On another note you can purchase it directly from AT&T with a 30% discount by going to Exclusive online offers for AT&T customers

How are you connecting OEM Car Charger ( $6 ) to the car dock which has USB and audio out ?

My car doesn't have bluetooth or usb adapter ? So if I receive/place a call what will happen ?

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I freaking love mine. I think the only complaint I have is that none of the cases AT&T offers fit into the dock (at least none of the ones at my local store). So I have to take it out of the case if I want to put it in the dock, and as much as I love the dock, I'm always taking it out of the case.

The lack of a cigarette plug did piss me off. I mean, Moto could've included one for what would've cost them pennies. Not sure why they thought it would be a good idea not to include one. At any rate, they are cheap on Amazon or ebay.

Amazon.com: Cables Unlimited USB to Car Power Adapter for Blackberry iPhone (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Here's one that is cheap and I know works.

jeremy81

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How are you connecting OEM Car Charger ( $6 ) to the car dock which has USB and audio out ?

My car doesn't have bluetooth or usb adapter ? So if I receive/place a call what will happen ?

Because the Atrix/car dock charges via a micro USB hookup and the car charger has a micro USB connection so it plugs right into the car dock. You could alternatively purchase a USB power plug to go in your cars outlet then plug the USB cable it comes with into that. The Motorola charger I purchased is below.

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My vehicle is too old to have a fancy audio-in port for my "stereo"...so that part of the cord just hangs there in the way - kind of dumb looking but yeah. I was also annoyed that Motorola didn't include a USB-cigarette lighter adapter for everyone.

Mine wouldn't charge the first couple times I tried it. Then suddenly it worked. Still not sure what the problem was, but everything's good with it now. Haven't set Vlingo up (don't know anything about it) so I guess I should set that up shortly so I can have my texts read aloud to me or something. That'd be nice. :) Red lights only last so long for reading texts.

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Got my car dock the second day from having my Atrix. The local AT&T store had it for $40 which was great. Reminded me a lot of the dock when I had my first Motorola Droid, the function with the turn knobs having the flexibility for your angle. Been loving it ever since for long road trips. The fact that they included some cables too was a big plus for me

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Well the pictures posted to flickr don't show up for me so let's try this again.

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

blown65

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My vehicle is too old to have a fancy audio-in port for my "stereo"...so that part of the cord just hangs there in the way - kind of dumb looking but yeah. I was also annoyed that Motorola didn't include a USB-cigarette lighter adapter for everyone.

Mine wouldn't charge the first couple times I tried it. Then suddenly it worked. Still not sure what the problem was, but everything's good with it now. Haven't set Vlingo up (don't know anything about it) so I guess I should set that up shortly so I can have my texts read aloud to me or something. That'd be nice. :) Red lights only last so long for reading texts.

Mines old also, so i purchased this.

Newegg.com - Accessory Power GG-FLEXSMART-X2 In-Car Stereo Bluetooth Adapter

Works good, charges the phone, controls the phone completely from the remote. Only time you have to touch the phone itself is to change the app your using.

Reactions: jess.hickey

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Mines old also, so i purchased this.

Newegg.com - Accessory Power GG-FLEXSMART-X2 In-Car Stereo Bluetooth Adapter

Works good, charges the phone, controls the phone completely from the remote. Only time you have to touch the phone itself is to change the app your using.

So let me get this straight (if I'm right, I'm getting mine today).

You bluetooth your music/phone call/etc from the phone to this unit and it rebroadcasts the data back over FM to your car stereo? And there is a USB port in the side of this thing to charge your phone?

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!

blown65

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight (if I'm right, I'm getting mine today).

You bluetooth your music/phone call/etc from the phone to this unit and it rebroadcasts the data back over FM to your car stereo? And there is a USB port in the side of this thing to charge your phone?

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!

Yes, has USB on the side for charging the phone, actually has jacks on the other side for audio in and out, of which I dont need with the the phone.

Bluetooth for the calls, media playback

FM transmitter for broadcast to your stereo.

Play, forward, reverse and call hangup buttons work like they are supposed to.

Only thing I've found is you gotta have the power on to it first before you put your phone in the dock, otherwise it does some wierd things. I just leave mine on 24x7 and turn the bluetooth off on the phone when not in the car.

For 50 bucks and free shipping it works great.

Reactions: jess.hickey

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams