Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default ETA for root now?

Any guess in when we will be able to root our newly updated atrix?

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

Default Re: ETA for root now?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

youre telling me that will root my atrix that wasnt rooted before and updated clean OTA 2.3.4???

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

This is the post ppl are pointing to to root Atrix's that have been updated ota. I haven't done it myself.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

thank you

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.2.2 GingerBlur root

I did it myself, it works and root is imperitive. I found out what my atrix runs like without sd booster(in the app store) and it is not pretty
    Art
    Was -Pilot-Rex6000-Zaurus-
    Treo 650-BB 8100,9000,9800
    Is - Mot ATRIX - Acer Iconia A100

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ygthb View Post
    I did it myself, it works and root is imperitive. I found out what my atrix runs like without sd booster(in the app store) and it is not pretty
    I heard that SD Booster could cause and SD card to wear out quicker.... How long have you been using it?

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.2.2 GingerBlur root

I started using it shortly after I got my atrix 3 months ago, so not a real long time. as I understand it you can make the change by hand, but have toi do it every time you boot. it sets the sd cache at a number you decide (i use 2048) and resets it there on each boot.
    Art
    Was -Pilot-Rex6000-Zaurus-
    Treo 650-BB 8100,9000,9800
    Is - Mot ATRIX - Acer Iconia A100

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

I just used the procedure from post 2 and it worked like a charm. Took me about 10 mins or so.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kage_ View Post
    I just used the procedure from post 2 and it worked like a charm. Took me about 10 mins or so.
    Quick question...

Did you have to flash to a previous version or did you just do it over 4.5.91?

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

I did the OTA upgrade to GB then followed the procedure in the referenced post. The only thing I saw was an error after the first step but in other posts I've read the error is normal.

Kage_

I want to know how long until we get a 1 click root for it. My understanding is gingerbreak does not work at all on android 2.3.4 so at some point something like it will come out.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

When I tried to unlock fastboot according to the instructions I got the following message. Ideas?

atrix on 2.3.4

I skipped to 13 like the instructions said.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ETA for root now?-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by srfox; 07-30-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added details

Quote Originally Posted by srfox View Post
    When I tried to unlock fastboot according to the instructions I got the following message. Ideas?

atrix on 2.3.4

My fear of rooting gingerbread on the atrix right now is it looks like you have to unlock the boot loader and flash a different rom. My worry is when they do the next update it bricking the phone or I would have to go threw some massive hopes to update my phone. I want something like gingerbreak to come out for android 2.3.4

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    My fear of rooting gingerbread on the atrix right now is it looks like you have to unlock the boot loader and flash a different rom. My worry is when they do the next update it bricking the phone or I would have to go threw some massive hopes to update my phone. I want something like gingerbreak to come out for android 2.3.4
    You don't have to unlock your bootloader to obtain root, follow the instructions in post 2 in the referenced thread and you'll have root w/o unlocking your BL.

It only take a few mins and doesn't affect your phone nor does it void your warranty. If you need to send it into ATT you can restore your phone back to factory defaults and you'll be back to factory defaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage_ View Post
    You don't have to unlock your bootloader to obtain root, follow the instructions in post 2 in the referenced thread and you'll have root w/o unlocking your BL.

It only take a few mins and doesn't affect your phone nor does it void your warranty. If you need to send it into ATT you can restore your phone back to factory defaults and you'll be back to factory defaults.
    cool I did it as in the thread. It took me a few tries to get everything type in write. Hell I went with copy paste and on I think the 3rd try with the copy paste it worked great

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

Quote Originally Posted by srfox View Post

atrix on 2.3.4

Anybody? Please?

ROM
    CM 10 (unofficial)

OTA updated and rooted last night. After I put the right commands in, I was good to go.

ROM
    Unlocked Atrix bootloader

Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    I want to know how long until we get a 1 click root for it. My understanding is gingerbreak does not work at all on android 2.3.4 so at some point something like it will come out.
    If you're reluctant to use the "Pudding" solution found here - [PUDDING] International House of Pudding! (Unlock/root thread) Updated July 23 2011 - xda-developers - then you may have a long wait. The most recent OTA update removed the weakness that Gingerbreak exploited to gain root. Following the instructions on that XDA Forum thread will lead you to both a rooted phone as well as an unlocked bootloader.

-Mike
    (GSM) Galaxy Nexus on AT&T