Atrix rooting ..... benefits?

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It will not erase the phone. As for the advantages it can let you install things like adblock. The biggest reason why I rooted was for wifi tethering. It been a life saver when the internet at home went out one night so I just booted up wifi tether and went about my school work.

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2.3.4

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Light Flow for better light notifications and SD-Booster to modify the cache size to get better performance out of the SD card in the phone.

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i rooted as i have a at&t atrix and using it on rogers... therefore i needed to route to get access to wifi tether and such...

Rayanmx

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Simply put, being able to remove bloatware and disable unused system apps to save battery.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

jzaslice

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Everyone should be rooted and unlocked on the atrix. Titanium backup.. root explorer to modify, copy replace system files..setcpu..cwm recovery ..screen shot apps...tethering.
Just a few advantages over people without root access.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 using Tapatalk

jzaslice

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes custom kernels are sweet I'm oc'd at 1100 . and you can still under clock to save battery when screen off or whatever kind of profiles you want to set

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
so your telling me i can get setcpu and down clock my cpu when screen is off to conserve battery life? what kind of processes would be using it so much that one would have to underclock their CPU when not using it?

sorry kinda new to android, just not used to this stuff yet

jzaslice

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just cause your screen is off doesn't mean your cpu is off, depending on what apps you have installed, if alot auto sync or have poorly written code that continuously use diff android processes, your cpu frequency might fluctuate while screen is off, you could use set cpu to control this. You could set alot of other different profiles such as underclock when phone is running hot, when its low on battery. It always depends on the user's usage but cpu profiles can help.

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
where are the best places to learn how to root the atrix with gingerbread? I google and get all kinds of different results. I'm not planning on custom roms right now. mostly just want wifi tether

ifellasleep

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got the atrix on friday and like the hardware but im not crazy about the software. if i root and install a custom rom will I start seeing the software match this phones beautiful hardware? Im pretty sure if i change out the software on this phone the phone will run faster,less hiccups, and better overal experience. Is this true? I believe if i root i can better use the dual core power of this phone and not be hindered by bloated software,pre-installed apps, blur.

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure custom roms will utilize dual core any better than gingerbread. Some report that they can be faster, but with custom roms there are always hiccups. You can freeze bloatware when you root and remove preinstalls but remember that in order to install custom roms you have to unlock the bootloader and install cwm or rom manager. Once you unlock the bootloader you may have issues with official updates. I'd do a lot of reading over at xda forums before you decided to do this. If you don't like blur then just try adw launcher or launcher pro, they both run fast and are highly customizable with themes and icon packs.

ifellasleep

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Im a power user and basically will use my phone as a portable entertainment system, stream media and consumer other kinds of media. let me ask you would you rather have this phone or a samsung infuse

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If your asking me, two things stand out. The Infuse isn't dual core and won't get the OS upgrades as fast as the Atrix. Also, the Infuse will be far inferior to the galaxy S2. If you're looking at samsung then I'd get their flagship phone.

jzaslice

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've found more hiccups running the stock gingerbread ota then the custom roms I've flashed using the .91 build as the base. And they have no problems utilizing the two cores, they are definitely smoother than stock ota updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87