1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root for 4.5.141

After the update, which I tried to avoid but had no luck, I lost my root access...anybody knows of any process that allows me to root after the update.

Thank you

Default Re: Root for 4.5.141

Use this: . Members on xda forums report that it works for ota update.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks johnnyutah22 for the link...took me about 3 hrs to finally root my Atrix....but it is working now

The above method works great. Easy took less than 10 mins.

So this works fine after the new update?

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I purchased a used Atrix 4g off ebay recently, and after researching about unlocked boot loaders, rooting and the different versions it all seems like its based off your build number and seems more confusing than the other phones I've messed with. So, I want to do it right. I am on 4.5.141 like this thread states, but I am not sure if I have an unlocked boot loader. Is there a way to find out whether or not it is unlocked? The phone is not rooted. I tested with Titanium. What process do I use to unlock the boot loader? I have a stock 2.3.6 ATT build so I am unsure if I can use the RSDlite method used on xda for 2.3.4 without causing problems. That thread is kind of confusing.

Edit: I rooted using the above method and seems to work rather safely and easily for .141. Now on to trying to figure out this boot loader and ROMing.
    Last edited by Devcomm; 03-03-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Just wanted to mention that an App called Voodoo OTA RootKeeper works like a charm. My Atrix was rooted, and I installed this app. Ran it, it requested Super User Permission, then you can make a backup of your SU. After the update, you run the app again and restore your SU from backup.