Jokersax's CM9. Stable or not?

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been using it non-stop since he first posted it. It is very stable. It is still in Beta stages cause there is no official support from Cyanogenmod Team or Motorola. So there is issues with getting things like the camcorder working properly and multi-touch in games is iffy at best. But overall the ROM is just fine and it is worth flashing.

Yeah his thread over on XDA might be a lot to read, but the information on there is worth reading. It can answer all your questions. Take the time to read the thread fully to know if it will be worth flashing for you.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Last I heard it was in alpha. Does the launcher stop like before?

It hasnt been alpha for almost 3 months now. It has been in the Beta Stages since early February. No the Launcher doesnt stop and with the new setup, you can pick and choose which Launcher you want. I personally put Apex on there, but with his new project Kitchen Sink, you can have Apex, Nova, Trebechet or Miui.

Kinda hard not to find his topics on XDA. They have the most page views of any topic. They are always right near the top in the Development area. There is always a new post in them.

hawkns

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
flashed the latest version (0.6.0) 2 days ago. This is my first time running a custom ROM and I have to say it is pretty amazing. No issues whatsoever from me, and the speed and battery life are amazing.

yahyasaleh

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
What about signal? Is it affected by the from because signal on a rom is quite sketchy. I'm in the UK on 3 and I don't wana lose signal

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have not had a single issue with signal. Then again I am on AT&T in the States. But I have not seen a single response about signal issues. Most of the time all it takes is a flash of a new radio to fix that issue.

Here is the topic over on XDA with all the radio information and a map to tell you which radio is the best in which areas. Not sure if they have anything for across the pond but it is worth a check.

yahyasaleh

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it might be worth flashing if I can change the radios.

When I look at the thread, it mentions loads of different kernels and over clocking thingies. Do you have to flash these kernels or can you leave it at the stock one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy