| || |
One big problem or a bunch of little ones?? Wipe it clean and start over?
I am here to grovel at the feet of technophiles and beg for advice.
I have a Motorola Atrix 4G phone, almost 2 years old (bought it when they first came out). I am running gingerbread 2.3.6 I think, and have had NO trouble with it for 1.5 years. Lately, lots of problems, getting worse daily.
The phone is unlocked and rooted (that was done by me. It's a canadian phone but I used it for a stretch in the states) and although I thought I had done it correctly, one program recently told me it wasn't completely updated after being rooted. anyway: new problems:
1. Wi-Fi won't work. In fact, the icon that toggles wifi on and off keeps disappearing from my home screen. Too many attempts to turn on the wifi through the settings menu will reboot the phone.
2. It's freezing up doing little things, like emailing a picture (no problems until now)
3. Random reboots, perhaps 2 times / day.
4. Speaking of pictures, I can can take pictures, but they don't record. I get only blank squares, which then cause the phone to freeze up if I try to look at them or delete them.
5. HUGE battery drain. From 100% to 50% in under an hour. At first I thought it might be time for a new battery, except the phone gets seriously hot, which makes me think it's running the processors overtime. Have no idea what it's doing, since there is no wifi signal. Almost all updates are set at "manual" and email is also manual. I have very practical apps, no games.
And my BIG problem:
6. since I can't get wifi to work (and apparently it's not rooted properly) I can't update to android 4.0. I'm kinda stuck. How to proceed? Any advice would be great.