Android 5.1.1, Videos and streams don't play in the Chrome browser. Why?

maiqtheliar

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Android 5.1.1, Videos and streams don't play in the Chrome browser.

Android 5.1.1. Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.

It's mostly just a black screen, where you would hear only audio. Plus, the page itself kinda freezes on the video part when scrolling. When the video screen is not visible, its scrolls fine.

Is it because the Flash is not supported on Android, or why? I don't know if ALL the videos I try to watch are Flash. For example, Youtube works fine in the APP (which is on by default) but doesn't in Chrome itself. And all kinds of video-streaming websites don't work either, producing the same problem.

Thanks!

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android 5.1.1, Videos and streams don't play in the Chrome browser.

Yes, it's a flash issue. Either download and install the last Flash Player for Android from Adobe or use a browser that supports flash such as Dolphin

maiqtheliar

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site

I have another question: in the Youtube app I can not play 360 videos properly. I can change what I see by swiping. But I can't understand how to make it work by moving the phone around. I wonder, if my phone doesn't have some hardware that is needed.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Well, I've learned something. I hadn't realised there were 360 vids on YouTube. Your device needs a gyroscope to view these.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams