How can I stop hiccups in bluetooth audio playback?

halfbeing

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
When I play audio from my Galaxy S4 (Lollipop) to my bluetooth speaker, I often get hiccups in the audio playback. These are delays rather than dropouts because I lose the beat when they happen. Sometimes they can last a few seconds. They occur with at least three apps (Spotify, Songsterr and Soundcloud). When I play music through the headphone jack I get the occasional hiccup, but not nearly as bad or frequent as the ones I get with bluetooth. How can I stop these Bluetooth hiccups?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
When I play audio from my Galaxy S4 (Lollipop) to my bluetooth speaker, I often get hiccups in the audio playback. These are delays rather than dropouts because I lose the beat when they happen. Sometimes they can last a few seconds. They occur with at least three apps (Spotify, Songsterr and Soundcloud). When I play music through the headphone jack I get the occasional hiccup, but not nearly as bad or frequent as the ones I get with bluetooth. How can I stop these Bluetooth hiccups?

What you have described usually happens when there are other Bluetooth devices nearby, confusing your bluetooth, hence causing the hiccups. Does this only happen in one place or multiple?
There is also the chance that it could be your speakers, or a hardware issue in general. I THINK that you still have Bluetooth in Safemode. Try going into safemode and seeing if you still get the same issue if not it could be an app causing the issue. Especailly if it does happen through the headphone jack as well.