No sound when playing videos on my Android TV

YaniEi

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I don't get sound when I play videos on my Android TV Box (Beelink GT1 is the model, running Android 6). It's very weird because I do have system sounds, and also YouTube videos work normally, but when I'm trying to play a local video (I tried MX Player, ES Media Player, and the player that was installed on the device - none of them had sound), or when I'm trying to stream a video with Plex - I don't get any sound. I tried streaming a few videos to make sure it's not a defective file, but none had sound. It's extra frustrating in Plex because when I try to play a TV series, it plays the theme song in the series' page, but when I play an episode it's silent again. The only time I got sound was when I tried playing the local file using Kodi. This local video is playing ok on my PC, and Plex works fine on my phone. I even tried Miracasting Plex on my phone to the TV but again - no sound.
Now, I cleared the cache from the recovery, updated the device to the latest firmware, and even did a factory reset which I was sure would solve this problem - but it didn't. Yesterday everything worked fine, and I can't think of something that I did that caused it.
Thanks in advance to all