View Poll Results: American or Japanese?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • American

15 39.47%
  • Japanese

23 60.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Here is my insurance experience. For my 1993 Integra in 2006. Infinity was $304 a month for liability. Safe auto was the cheapest at.......... $8500 a year. With state farm being the most expensive at 12,300 a year for liability. More than twice what the car was worth . Why. Because I am a male, under 26, and driving a "High Performance Sports Car." Also didn't have the best driving record. My brother had a 1995 Acura Integra GSR at the same time and was paying $270 a month for full coverage with nothing on his driving record. No one would come close to ERIE insurance. His lowest offer was $6800 a year.

Meanwhile now with esurance I pay 125 a month for full coverage. Also j get 100k a person 300k accident with 1mil in coverage after that. Plus 25k funeral and 100k prop damage. About 6x the coverage I had with infinity for $75 less a month.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Japanese vs. American?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Here is my insurance experience. For my 1993 Integra in 2006. Infinity was $304 a month for liability. Safe auto was the cheapest at.......... $8500 a year. With state farm being the most expensive at 12,300 a year for liability. More than twice what the car was worth . Why. Because I am a male, under 26, and driving a "High Performance Sports Car." Also didn't have the best driving record. My brother had a 1995 Acura Integra GSR at the same time and was paying $270 a month for full coverage with nothing on his driving record. No one would come close to ERIE insurance. His lowest offer was $6800 a year.

Meanwhile now with esurance I pay 125 a month for full coverage. Also j get 100k a person 300k accident with 1mil in coverage after that. Plus 25k funeral and 100k prop damage. About 6x the coverage I had with infinity for $75 less a month.
    You must have had one hell of a driving record!

Currently, I am 24 years old with no tickets on my record and a good credit rating which apparently helps. My payments every 6 months come out to $848 and that is $141.33 a month. I'm with All State on their Platinum Insurance plan so I have all of this accident forgiveness stuff and what not. My deductible is $500 and like you the numbers for coverage are extremely close but I don't want to look.

This is all on a 2012 Acura TSX too so I feel that I'm doing pretty good. All State said that when I turn 25 my rates will go down so I can't wait until February. My rates were higher with an 08 Civic because it was a 2-door and I always found that a bit irritating. Apparently, you can have a high performance car but if it has 4 doors than it's cheaper than a 2-door 140 HP Civic.

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    You must have had one hell of a driving record!

Currently, I am 24 years old with no tickets on my record and a good credit rating which apparently helps. My payments every 6 months come out to $848 and that is $141.33 a month. I'm with All State on their Platinum Insurance plan so I have all of this accident forgiveness stuff and what not. My deductible is $500 and like you the numbers for coverage are extremely close but I don't want to look.

This is all on a 2012 Acura TSX too so I feel that I'm doing pretty good. All State said that when I turn 25 my rates will go down so I can't wait until February.
    Well. A DUI(I was 17, 1/07/03, I won't forget that night), one accident and 3 speeding tickets will do that. The tickets were for 78 in a 45, 98 in a 55, and 54 in a 35 and all happened in 05. Guess what car I was in. The Acura. That's what killed me. Plus back then more kids were being killed in Acuras, Hondas and Nissans, which didn't help. Plus males pay more until there 26. Add it all together and it makes an expensive deal.

Well. A DUI(I was 17, 1/07/03, I won't forget that night), one accident and 3 speeding tickets will do that. The tickets were for 78 in a 45, 98 in a 55, and 54 in a 35 and all happened in 05. Guess what car I was in. The Acura. That's what killed me. Plus back then more kids were being killed in Acuras, Hondas and Nissans, which didn't help. Plus males pay more until there 26. Add it all together and it makes an expensive deal.

Rates drop at 25 years old but maybe we catch up to females at 26? You keep throwing that number around so I'm confused as I know it's 25 years old for dropped rates.

BTW: Nice tickets. Haha, jesus you were wild!

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Rates drop at 25 years old but maybe we catch up to females at 26? You keep throwing that number around so I'm confused as I know it's 25 years old for dropped rates.

BTW: Nice tickets. Haha, jesus you were wild!
    Maybe its 25. I don't remember. I just know that a 18 year old female pays less than 18 year old male. At 25 or 26 it switches. Anyway, how I never died in that car is a miracle. Once I spun out at 110 and scared the crap outta me. Plus one night my friend dared me to max the car out. The speedometers last mark was 148mph. I had it past that. No clue how fast I was actually going but that car stuck to the road. Never had the guts to do it twice though. Guess cause i work at a salvage yard and see what can happen at those speeds. But, That's also a night I won't ever forget.

i prefer japanese cars... from my experience they are more reliable

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Japanese. You,ll find me on the MLR. Mini Karussel the Nurburgring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Japanese vs. American?-dsc_30501.jpg  
    Last edited by stevovr; 07-30-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    chubbSC1 

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Look at this car that came into work today. I work for a salvage auction company. This made me remember the cars I used to love from japan. Gonna wait to see if this goes to auction and try and buy it. All the majors are fine, frame, block. Just needs intercooler, piping, windshield, both quarters, and everything else you can see.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Japanese vs. American?-uploadfromtaptalk1343874098098.jpg   Japanese vs. American?-uploadfromtaptalk1343874116967.jpg   Japanese vs. American?-uploadfromtaptalk1343874132693.jpg   Japanese vs. American?-uploadfromtaptalk1343874147254.jpg   Japanese vs. American?-uploadfromtaptalk1343874158120.jpg  

Thanked by:
    TheyStoleMyName likes this.

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Mods. Feel free to delete the second set of pics. Was trying to get rid of the two engine shots, obv. Didn't work also delete this comment afterwards as well

Last edited by chubb; 08-01-2012 at 09:35 PM.

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by stevovr View Post
    Japanese. You,ll find me on the MLR. Mini Karussel the Nurburgring
    My bucket list includes driving on "The Ring". The full 13.4 miles of it.

American!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Here a great American car I would buy..... But not this one!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Japanese vs. American?-uploadfromtaptalk1343876406470.jpg  

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Now this is one, if I had 110K extra laying around.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Japanese vs. American?-uploadfromtaptalk1343876715810.jpg  

Here a great American car I would buy..... But not this one!

Holy crap, glad I bought an Acura. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

How bout European?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by boatman11 View Post
    How bout European?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    The Europeans make the best performing and have the best designs. The usually have the best fit and finish, BUT their reliability and costs to maintain sucks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DEman19901 View Post
    The Europeans make the best performing and have the best designs. The usually have the best fit and finish, BUT their reliability and costs to maintain sucks.
    Hmmm. Sorda kinda. I've only owned BMWs that where under bumper to bumper so no co$ts to me.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

My bucket list includes driving on "The Ring". The full 13.4 miles of it.

its a must do mate absolutely awesome.while i was there i did a track day at spa also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Japanese vs. American?-dsc_0603.jpg  

I only like nissans 240s skylines z's that's it other then that American

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Me likey

I love the Dodge VIper, but to be realistic its about 100K - 200K to get one here which is about 105k-210k usd.
    Because its 30k "luxury" import tax, then another 30k to swap the steering wheel over. Bit unrealistic.
    Anywho, Japan's cars are so efficient, well built and cheap so I am giving it to the Japanese here!
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

i agree.. wheres the euro poll? i vote euro all the way.
    Thanked by:
    Rndomuser likes this.

For me, Japanese cars. I started driving American cars, had a old talon and later saved enough for the traditional Mustang. Starting of driving it was all about house power which American v8s provided. However, over the years I find the horsepower less and less necessary. I don't go to tracks so I find my self driving in traffic, driving the same speed as the Prius next to me or the Honda Odyssey and one day it just hit me. I'm wasting gas money.

And then I had a kid and started a family. I found no reason to drive over 70, 80, 90, miles per hour... Not only does it get me into legal trouble, it potentially putting my life and others in danger.

And then I picked up a s2000. Asian cars are so light and there's a huge difference that eight plays in car feel. I started to prefer 4 cylinders or turbo 4s over v8s due to nimble nature of those cars. But my s2000 got stolen, not surprised, they're eye candy in the tuner market.

Then I bought a used miata and loved it just as much as my s2000. I now prefer handling and driving feel over power which Japanese cars tend to have. Not saving American don't make light cars the miata is American, it's just Asian car manufacturer tend to make better handling cars. And now I'm saving up for a new scion frs because of its great handling characteristics in everyday driving.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Stereotypically, Japanese cars are supposed to be 'built better' and 'last longer'. I've had a 1999 Dodge Dakota (V6, 5 speed), a 2002 Toyota Camry, a 2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner, and a 2010 Ram 1500. The two Dodges have given me far fewer issues (and the Dakota averaged around 21mpg for me, while my 2.4L Camry averages around 23). So my vote goes to American right? Eh, no, but it does go for Dodge over Toyota (though I've never been a fan of the looks of Dodge trucks). My next vehicle will either be the new 3.6L Wrangler 4x4 2-door or a 4wd Xterra.

100% depends on the model of car. Both American (Camaro, Corvette, Charger, Challenger etc..) and the Japanese (BR-Z, GTR, MX-5, STI, EVO etc..) make great cars; but they also make absolutely terrible cars (Japanese - Civic, Camry, Prius, Altima, other boring *** cars for old people, American - Cavalier, other ugly pieces of crap). But the Japanese do make worse terrible cars like the Camry (especially those older POS ones), but they also make better good cars (like the GTR)

Also I may be a bit biased since I have an Acura.
    iPhone4->4s->5->Nexus 4->HTC One->HTC One GPE
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast