Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What was your first car?

My first car was a 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback. It was as close to a basket case as can be when we had it brought home on a flatbed. I paid less than 1200 for it and over the next 2 years my dad and I restored it from the ground up. I worked 2 jobs during the school year and picked up additional work during the summer, just about every dime I earned went to that car in one way or another but by the start of my junior year bin high school it was a thing of beauty.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Re: What was your first car?

My first was actually a motorcycle; 82 Kawasaki 440LTD back in 1985 (Junior year of high school). If memory serves it took about six months of saving my fast food job paychecks and my mother to co-sign before I got to bring it home. Loved that bike and drove it all over the place including a wild week long 2,000 mile trip across the state with my high school sweetheart (her parents didn't approve, but we did it anyway! ). It wasn't until a year later in 1986 I got my first car; a puke green 75 Dodge Dart with a straight six engine. It was a very early graduation gift and an outright beater. I put a lift kit in the back and threw some Keystone rims on it with fat white raised letter tires on the back and small ones on the front, some big ol' speakers in the back and a kicking double-reverse cassette deck, then rocked it through my Senior year of high school like I was cool or something. Boy was that straight six a bit of a dog, but it ran like a champ; took a lickin', but kept on tickin'!
    Live2ride883 likes this.

ROM
    AOKP Beta 2 (thanks TDM)

Mine was a 1971 Datsun 240z. White with ground effrcts , straight six with 3 weber carbs. Awesome, so many memories. Loved that car.

"Sent making quotation marks with my fingers "

A 1979 Volkswagen Dasher wagon (The Passat in Europe) fell to me when I came of age. It therefore became my responsibility to keep it running.
    It started me on a path, which I am still on, in which I have never owned anything other than a VW. Hence my screen name.
    Dasher - 79 Scirocco - 86 Scirocco - 85 Cabriolet - 92 Jetta.

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Lol Im the youngun here. I didn't get a car in high school. Pat and Ben where my primary source of transportation. My first car was a '92 Honda civic beater. We bought it from his sister when my husband graduated AIT. He totalled it the day after having it registered. Paid 1000 for it, got 2000 back from insurance. Then we bought a 2006 mercury mariner. The transmission started slipping resulting my husband getting in a wreck and totalling it as well. We now have an 08 Toyota prius and it is the most trust worthy car we ever owned.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

'68 Nova 3 speed manual. Loved that car. It had 60 series tires with chrome rims, Highjacker air shocks, glass pack dual exhaust, Clarion sound system. That was one cool car in its day.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Live2ride883, TF02 and Madd54 like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    '68 Nova 3 speed manual. Loved that car. It had 60 series tires with chrome rims, Highjacker air shocks, glass pack dual exhaust, Clarion sound system. That was one cool car in its day.

via Gnex
    It still is...
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:

92 f-350 with a 460 in it, truck made me behave cause I could never afford the gas. Detroit locker in the rear end, 5 speed stick, 4.11 gears.... Wasn't pretty but it was a beast.

CAMARO!!!!!!!
    I voided my warranty.

1995 Mustang I got in 1999 when I turned 16. Then a 2004 Mustang GT in 2004, and then a 2008 Mustang GT in 2010.

ROM
    Stock

My first car was a 1969 Chrysler New Yorker, and that was in 1976-77.

It had a bad muffler when I got it, and so I put on a glass pack because it was cheap. The 383 sounded real nice, but the car was so heavy that I spun the tires too easily without getting much forward momentum when I tried to play drag racer.

I think I've lived in apartments smaller than that car.
    msndrstood likes this.

1998 Dodge Stratus

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

1991 Cadillac Seville with Chameleon paint & White Wall tires. Man I miss that ride

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

1988 toyota pick up with the 22r motor... That truck was the reason I only buy toyotas

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

First car was a blue 2007 BMW 328i. Still have it now at around 92,000 miles. Saved about 17 grand from 12-16 bagging groceries at publix and doing side ps3 and xbox repairs and then my parents matched the 17k. It's my baby

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

2000 Ford Ranger - still driving it, and it has over 111,000 miles on it. I got my license about 4 years ago. Love this truck.
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

72 ford pinto! A real panty dropper

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

My first car was a Green 1997 Hyundai Coupe, 8 years old at the time. 82hp 4cyl with no airbags. But it had a sun roof!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post

via Gnex

That is still one badass car.

Global Posts
    686 Global Posts

VW Beetle. Great memories piling in friends and going to the beach.

My first car was actually a van, 96 dodge caravan. Loved it!!

sent from my AT&T GN2

86 Ford F-150.

Inline straight 6 cylinder
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

My first car was 2002 Toyota Vitz...in white color:

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Photos of my first car, 1997 Hyundai Accent, bought it in 2006, i think.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What was your first car?-uploadfromtaptalk1365947437510.jpg   What was your first car?-uploadfromtaptalk1365947453350.jpg   What was your first car?-uploadfromtaptalk1365947461957.jpg   What was your first car?-uploadfromtaptalk1365947471194.jpg   What was your first car?-uploadfromtaptalk1365947478494.jpg  

1973 vw super beetle @ 16. What a fun car. memories!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast