Android head unit Ipod compatibility

hdmiconverter

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Just signed up as im having a problem with a head unit i've just fitted. Im fairly new to android as i only got my first android device about a year ago (Samsung S5) and that's been totally trouble free up to now, touch wood.

Ive just fitted this head unit and i've been told that it is ipod compatible.

The problem that im having is when i plug my ipod into the unit via a usb cable it will pick the ipod up but the playback menu is unreadable. It will play the songs on the ipod but im not able to access the music by artists, albums ect on the screen. Every song on the ipod comes up as one long list that is totally random in order and has no text that makes any sense. Also while the ipod is connected to the head unit you cant access any of the songs via the ipod itself as you constantly just get the synchronizing screen on the ipod whilst its connected.

This is a pic of the only menu it can bring up for the ipod. Its just one massive list of every song on it in unreadable text.

Does anyone know if i'll be able to ever get it to bring up the songs as it would on the ipod in artists, albums, songs ect?
Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but is this head unit an Android Auto device? If so, then I can't imagine it would be able to fully integrate the iPod's interface.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance