Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,245 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Default What kind of auto racing are you into?

Since this area seems a little slow, I figured I'd start up a thread over here. What kind of auto racing are you into? Also, do you do any high performance driving on your own? This includes HPDE's (high performance driving education), track days, autocross, club racing, etc. Post away!
    Thanked by:

iracing (indy, truck, legends)

NASCAR, Nationwide, CWTS, NHRA, lawn mowers, boats... Don't matter- if it goes fast, I like it.

I raced asphalt oval for a bit until the little man came along. Not enough time to have a family and race. I get my fix from helping my buddies out with their cars and working the tower at the local track on race days.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,245 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Since I started the thread, might as well say what I'm into too. I follow Formula One and the old CART/Champ Car, IRL, Super GT, Euro GT4, WRC...OK, pretty much most racing that involves roadcourses.

I used to compete in autocross for 10 years, as well as did (and instructed in) HPDE's, club track days. But, having two kids in the last three years and my fun car going down (engine grenaded) has curtailed my track and autocross time indefinitely.
    KsilverFlagger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Since I started the thread, might as well say what I'm into too. I follow Formula One and the old CART/Champ Car, IRL, Super GT, Euro GT4, WRC...OK, pretty much most racing that involves roadcourses.

I used to compete in autocross for 10 years, as well as did (and instructed in) HPDE's, club track days. But, having two kids in the last three years and my fun car going down (engine grenaded) has curtailed my track and autocross time indefinitely.
    Kids sure change things huh? I wouldn't take a million dollars for my little boy, but wouldn't give a wooden nickel for anther one just like him
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,245 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    Kids sure change things huh? I wouldn't take a million dollars for my little boy, but wouldn't give a wooden nickel for anther one just like him
    LOL At least I'll say this about my son...for a 3 year old, he can identify all kinds of cars easily (and WWII airplanes...thanks to my father-in-law). Playing GT5 kinda helps. We'll see if my daughter will have the same interest instead of dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    LOL At least I'll say this about my son...for a 3 year old, he can identify all kinds of cars easily (and WWII airplanes...thanks to my father-in-law). Playing GT5 kinda helps. We'll see if my daughter will have the same interest instead of dolls.
    My boy is the same way. Took him to an auto show last month and he spotted a Ferrari from a mile away. When we made it back into the Chevrolet display, he took off running and yelled 'DAD! Take my picture with that ZR1'. I had no clue he knew the difference between a ZR1 and a base Vette.

Jacques likes this.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

lol, I cant even get my fiancee to tell the differnce between Ford and Chevy trucks.
    Hows the show down there? As good as Detroit?
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

F-1, because its the fastest racing on 4-wheels

and they sound sexy
    Last edited by og_president; 04-12-2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: spelling

NASCAR anything.

used to drag race a bit at San Antonio Raceway.

Informal school called DCs School of Advanced Driving Techniques
    -DC
    Motorola Droid MAXX 4.4
    Yes, Farmville is a real town, not just a game on Facebook....

I like straight aways street style. The new Skyline takes the cake everytime
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

l really really NASCAR racing , but never been lucky to watch an actual race (especially that , Im from Saudi Arabia & all that) , but I really hope that I get the chance to attend one

The Baja 1000 is cool too , even though I'm not into Rally races

Street races are cool in Need For Speed & the rest of Xbox 360 & PS3 street racing games , but in real life its NOT cool & dangerous

"Kids don't try this"
    You gotta be a good role model for the kids or a "Good citizen" like what Jesse James refers too

ROM
    Stock

Motorcycles all the way!

Default Re: What kind of auto racing are you into?

Anyone going to be watching the race this weekend? I love silverstone.

I like Drag Racing. During the winter season, I head out to Edinburg international racetrack (about 4 hrs down south from San Antonio.) During the spring, I will head out to the Spring Nationals in Houston to watch the NHRA races live.
    Member?

ROM
    Deck ICS Alpha 4/Tiatmat

Im into drags, f1, lemans, drifting, & other stuff but i cannot sit & watch nascar. No offense to anyone but i have tried it & i just cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazblister View Post
    I like straight aways street style. The new Skyline takes the cake everytime
    Skylines are awesome cars but theyve become easy win cars at least in my opinion. People have that car in mind always. The R34 runs on an RB26DETT engine that outputs about 280hp stock with light tuning the engine can get to a good 500hp. I prefer lighter cars with a good engine. What makes a car is the tuning thats done except theres some engines that have no hope. My ideal car is a Datsun 240z with an RB26DETT, with extra modifications to the entire car & chassis. To put that kind of engine in there is to strengthen the chassis to be able to handle that kind of strain to output the power to the tires in a good manner.
    Last edited by vulcan001; 09-26-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Was never into racing until last February I tuned up my Acura TSX (a softened up Japan-made Euro Accord R), and asked where I could take it to see "what it can do." Garage owner has been an SCCA racer for decades, regional exec, and asked me to an event to hang out. I did 1.5 hours of PDX, and have since done about 10.5 hours at VIRginia International Raceway (the "racetrack in the rose garden" that the TOP GEAR boys visited in late 2010). Have also worked some corners for race weekend and a 13-hour enduro race. It's not really the cars or the race that keeps me coming back, it's the people. Oh, and driving 115 mph or so in my otherwise button-down sedan, that's kinda fun.

All about the 1320.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Formula 1 is my fav.
    Sprint LG Optimus G

Global Posts
    2,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Formula 1. i've been watching it since i was a child with my dad every sunday. i also watch Le Mans, Rally, but nothing gives me goosebumps like Formula 1.
    nothing is impossible with Droid.

Edit, wrong thread

ROM
    BAMF

I do wheel to wheel racing currently. I am part of a team of friends and we race the 24 Hours of Lemons every year and it is a ton fo fun.

I used to be into drag racing. Had a 1996 Eclipse GSX that I raced from 99-01 that was pretty slow (13s) but I did a lot of bracket racing and won a couple trophies and some money. For fun I picked up a 1992 Eagle talon and made that into an 11 second car that was my daily driver. I kind of got out of the whole modifying/racing scene for a while until we started doing Lemons 4 years ago.

I also own a 1994 Esprit S4 that is mildly modified that I have tracked with the local clubs before but has been relegated to street duty to keep her reliable.
    Other than that, I am into Rally and F1 and I have been to a couple races for each.
    Last edited by njgsx96; 02-24-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Jacques likes this.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

F1 and WRC. Indy if its a street track not a fan of ovals. some of me and my evo at play.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What kind of auto racing are you into?-dsc_30501.jpg   What kind of auto racing are you into?-dsc_0603.jpg   What kind of auto racing are you into?-22.jpg   What kind of auto racing are you into?-1dm32932.jpg  
    Jacques likes this.

All SCCA sanctioned racing is good to go with me. I like it all, as long as it has cars going fast. Not really into Monster truck stuff but will still watch it cause they are 'racing' also.
    ChromeJob likes this.

For me its wrc and F1 but mainly F1 (ferrari-Alonso) also support Lotus too as Kimi Raikkonen was one of my old favorites and let's be honest lotus isn't full of themselves like Ferrari and redbull.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast