Quick review of the Mini

auctioneero

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang. I picked up an Axon 7 mini the other day at best but. I thought I'd share some quick thoughts on it.

The build quality and size of it are awesome. For a price of only 300 it's amazing. I think the size is just right. The gold body of the phone looks really clean as well. The screen was very bright and vivid and colors looked great.

The rear facing camera was decent and the front facing left a little to be desired. I don't take a lot of selfies though.

Where the phone started to show its price point however was speed. I'm coming from the htc 10 and it cooks. It felt just a half second slow compared to that. I know the 10 costs about twice as much so if you didn't come from a more "premium" phone you probably wouldn't see an issue. But it was a fun little impulse purchase but unfortunately I decided to return it to best buy. Honestly though for 300 bucks it's pretty impressive.

Just some quick thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang. I picked up an Axon 7 mini the other day at best but. I thought I'd share some quick thoughts on it.

The build quality and size of it are awesome. For a price of only 300 it's amazing. I think the size is just right. The gold body of the phone looks really clean as well. The screen was very bright and vivid and colors looked great.

The rear facing camera was decent and the front facing left a little to be desired. I don't take a lot of selfies though.

Where the phone started to show its price point however was speed. I'm coming from the htc 10 and it cooks. It felt just a half second slow compared to that. I know the 10 costs about twice as much so if you didn't come from a more "premium" phone you probably wouldn't see an issue. But it was a fun little impulse purchase but unfortunately I decided to return it to best buy. Honestly though for 300 bucks it's pretty impressive.

Just some quick thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Did you get a chance to test out the audio from headphones? I'm thinking of it for strictly playing music. I could pop a data only sim card in it from fi.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently just got the Gold Mini 7 on sale for $200 and so far it's a great cellphone, as long as you don't care tooooooo much about the camera I would highly recommend this phone to anyone! the speakers are amazing the screen is pretty good and for what I use the phone for (usually 2 social media apps and youtube) it gets the job done pretty well, but coming from an S6 camera ouch lol (I know I shouldn't compare because of the price difference but I just have to throw it out there)

I've only had the phone for 3 days now, I am waiting to see if the battery could get me through a full day I will keep it, if not I'm gonna return it and try to get a better android phone with good battery and camera or wait till the S8 cause my S6 is disgusting

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I was about to post a question on the Mini but this thread answered it. I'm torn between the 5.5 A7 and the Mini but the comment from someone about how slow it is compared to the 820 is a concern for me. I'm used to having a pretty zippy device. Plus my 5.2 phone is a Honor 8 and I know spec wise it's better than the Mini. For some reason the A7 and the Mini are pleasing to the eye so naturally I'm drawn to both.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was about to post a question on the Mini but this thread answered it. I'm torn between the 5.5 A7 and the Mini but the comment from someone about how slow it is compared to the 820 is a concern for me. I'm used to having a pretty zippy device. Plus my 5.2 phone is a Honor 8 and I know spec wise it's better than the Mini. For some reason the A7 and the Mini are pleasing to the eye so naturally I'm drawn to both.

Hi, ive got both the mini & A7. The A7 is quicker, but dont let the mini fool you. Its a device that I could easily live with, speed wise. And I'm comparing it to my A7, S7edge, and pixel. Its a great phone especially for the 2-3 hundred dollar range. I carry 2 phones and was using the mini for media listening and watching. The camera isnt the greatest either.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, ive got both the mini & A7. The A7 is quicker, but dont let the mini fool you. Its a device that I could easily live with, speed wise. And I'm comparing it to my A7, S7edge, and pixel. Its a great phone especially for the 2-3 hundred dollar range. I carry 2 phones and was using the mini for media listening and watching. The camera isnt the greatest either.

I was playing with this phone today at Best Buy ($249) and it seemed pretty sweet. Another reviewer in a different thread said the call quality is really bad though. Since this is important to me I'm curious if those here have had the same experience. Also curious about WiFi and other connectivity, especially NFC..or does this model even have NFC? If not, I have to cross it off the list. Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon