Stuck in Factory Test Mode

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My wife's phone. She hands it to me today and says. " it's stuck...can you fix it"?

Apparently not. Get the black and white screen that says "You are in Factory Test Mode (FTM). Push power to turn off and then oush power again to start normally. It doesn't. I get right back to FTM and that is it.

I noticed that her volume rocker seems stuck somehow, such that it is stuck on Down or stuck on Up. If it's in the Swing position...I'm getting the FTM. If it's stuck in the Up position...I get nothing (although I SHOULD get recovery mode)

I have no idea what's going on here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

matsaleh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just had this problem myself today. I was able to get out of Factory Test mode by following the instructions as written. But, it took me several tries because I guess I was impatient. You have to hold the power button down a *very* long time (as these things go). Much longer than I've had to do for any special Android mode, including entering bootloader, factory reset, whatever. I'd say it was at least 30 seconds, but I wasn't timing it.

Also, not sure it's relevant, but it could be. After my first failures, I downloaded the Mobogenie PC software to connect to my phone that way. Again, it took quite a while for the software to recognize the connection, and then it reported a failure. Somewhere in there is when I just held down my power button for the *very* long time, and all of a sudden the screen went dark, then got the boot screen and all was well.

Ya i get it, very loosey-goosey and stupid repair steps but that's what I got because I lucked into it, and I'm not gonna repeat it because I don't want to take any chances :).

Hope this helps someone else though. Cheers.

inessa patrick

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
I just had this problem myself today. I was able to get out of Factory Test mode by following the instructions as written. But, it took me several tries because I guess I was impatient. You have to hold the power button down a *very* long time (as these things go). Much longer than I've had to do for any special Android mode, including entering bootloader, factory reset, whatever. I'd say it was at least 30 seconds, but I wasn't timing it.

Also, not sure it's relevant, but it could be. After my first failures, I downloaded the Mobogenie PC software to connect to my phone that way. Again, it took quite a while for the software to recognize the connection, and then it reported a failure. Somewhere in there is when I just held down my power button for the *very* long time, and all of a sudden the screen went dark, then got the boot screen and all was well.

Ya i get it, very loosey-goosey and stupid repair steps but that's what I got because I lucked into it, and I'm not gonna repeat it because I don't want to take any chances :).

Hope this helps someone else though. Cheers.

life. saver. i held mine down for about 45 seconds the first time. when it turned on, it showed the power, airplane mode and restart options. the second time i did this for about 10 seconds and it powered on just fine but since my phone is as damaged as it is, it's very sensitive into going into this mode now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol