What's up with ZTE, are you going to wait?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I know this phone is eagerly anticipated but it seems to be subject to haphazard release tactics. I'm really confused about why ZTE have struggled to act whilst the iron is hot especially considering the extreme competition these days from other companies. Is it a sign of their nativity?

I personally will wait for it to be released as it appears to offer a quality set of features that other phones lack, but wondering if anyone will wait or hold out for rival phones like Note 7 and Nexus?

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I know this phone is eagerly anticipated but it seems to be subject to haphazard release tactics. I'm really confused about why ZTE have struggled to act whilst the iron is hot especially considering the extreme competition these days from other companies. Is it a sign of their nativity?

I personally will wait for it to be released as it appears to offer a quality set of features that other phones lack, but wondering if anyone will wait or hold out for rival phones like Note 7 and Nexus?
What do u mean they are releasing haphazardly release tactics?
It's being release in China first which makes sense, then hopefully to the USA soon to follow and other countries.

Hopefully it will be successful. But they need to advertise it better in the USA imo.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I personally will probably wait until the Moto Z is released and choose between it and the Axon 7

Posted via the Android Central App

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What he means is that ZTE is posting teaser tweets and then deleting them in a few hours.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It's been released everywhere but the US it seems. Might be due to the whole trade issue. Anyway, if they take too long I'll end up looking at the new Nexus instead.

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I have already picked up a S7 Edge at $150 with no increase on my monthly bill from my carrier. Yeah I will receive updates late and yes it's an all glass phone, but selling the arguably best phone in the market right now at that price, Samsung is not leaving much on the table for their competitors.

Posted via Android Central App

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Yup! Samsung s7 is a better phone.
I would think on the axon the speakers would be better.
It seems even though the Chinese brand has the high specs of a high end phone it doesn't quite translate to better or the same quality as Samsung.
There were obvious differences in quality. Especially when he was in the garage.
Overall Samsung wins by a huge margin. I wished he had the iPhone to compare the 3.
But for me as long it takes decent and takes really quick pics I'll be happy. I rather pay an unlocked phone (I have T-Mobile) for $450 that has the high specs and doesn't quite compare to Samsung unlocked for $700+

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The big difference is how solid it is for $200 less.

ZTE is driving me crazy. They keep stalling on at least opening preorders to the US. No reason why. Not only this, but they're not even letting the media talk about it. So far, the people that have talked about seem to like it. Why won't they let the press hype up the device? The initial hype has pretty much died at this point. The rumored launches of the Note and Nexus lines in August is seriously making me consider holding off on buying the Axon 7 until after the Nexus launch. I really like the Axon 7, but ZTE is killing the potential of it by keeping mum. This is approaching Motorola levels of launch gaps.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
The big difference is how solid it is for $200 less.

ZTE is driving me crazy. They keep stalling on at least opening preorders to the US. No reason why. Not only this, but they're not even letting the media talk about it. So far, the people that have talked about seem to like it. Why won't they let the press hype up the device? The initial hype has pretty much died at this point. The rumored launches of the Note and Nexus lines in August is seriously making me consider holding off on buying the Axon 7 until after the Nexus launch. I really like the Axon 7, but ZTE is killing the potential of it by keeping mum. This is approaching Motorola levels of launch gaps.
Agreed, the Note 7 hype train will be ramping up very soon and Samsung has a massive presence in phone shops and general media. I find it very confusing... especially when I read about other phone companies who complain about the dominance of Samsung and Apple but then shoot themselves in the foot like ZTE is doing at the moment.

The Axon 7 phone was released in Europe last week but if you not a smartphone forum subscriber you'd have missed it! Even on Amazon there are delays in ordering the device. No doubt Axon 7 things will normalise and should be available in us by fall time but then it will be smothered by the iPhone 7. ZTE have missed a trick I think...

Last edited:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it may be related to the import ban, but ZTE is still missing a trick here. And the clock is ticking. Their main competition besides the OneOlus Three is going to be the Nexus line. And with the announcement of the (really stupid) name of Android N, the Nexus announcement has to be coming soon.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
After seeing the camera comparison I'm not so sure anymore.
True I seen that too, thankfully I'm not someone who is bothered about camera too much, it's looks good enough for me. The audio side is what has grabbed my attention which is proving to be in a class of its own.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Alienated and soon to be former HTC customer here. As an advocate of underdogs who doesn't like having the same phone as half the people in the wild, this is pretty frustrating. With the GS7 being pretty great and now unlocked [and fully compatible on T-Mobile with Band 12?] it's looking like I might have to succumb to Samsung with each passing news-less day.

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You're absolutely correct. I think that the delay is due to the trade embargo but hopefully I am wrong. I've been waiting for this phone also.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Who really knows what is going on. I don't think ZTE is trying to be too quite about their phone. It could be the govt giving them crap.
If that's the case they don't want to hype up something that may get delayed.
I'm sure it would **** more people off if they hyped axon 7 to be released in the USA on this date then gets delayed

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't why the camera is so crappy compared to samsung.
It has all the high end specs and I think they get their lens from Sony or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair