Which phone are you switching from and why?

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I am selling my s7 edge to get away from carrier payments and other costs. I like the speakers and the metal build.

Posted via Galaxy S7 Edge (AT&T Titanium)

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
What is your reason? Just curious because I almost did the same thing

I like the looks of the idol more than the Axon (and the gray Axon won't be available for a bit). Based on reviews I'm feeling the idol's speakers over the Axon right now (of course I have no idea until I try them both). Idol comes with a better case and screen protector. That's pretty much it though. The SD 652 can still handle a lot although but it's obviously not the 820. 4gb vs 3 RAM is negligible. $50 is $50 (at $399 each, I'd go Axon). Plus I had the idol 3 for a while and really did enjoy the phone (despite some of it's flaws).

This guy's review actually put it over the edge for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzqls3bJbDY

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Can't say you made the wrong choice. Both are going to be great phones. The processor difference is what did it for next though. I'm sure it's not a huge difference

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an S7 but I'm eyeing this for the audio. Miss having good speakers since my M8

Posted via the Android Central App

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm temporarily using a Nexus 6P while it's on sale. I had forgotten just how insanely snappy it is. Running Android N Preview 5, and it's quicker than any of the Snapdragon 820 phones I've tried (S7 Edge, LG G5, HTC 10) by a long margin. Android N also finally gets Doze working properly and it's battery standby time is phenomenal. Good to know that ZTE will upgrade to that relatively quickly (if they stick to their promises) to support Daydream VR.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm temporarily using a Nexus 6P while it's on sale. I had forgotten just how insanely snappy it is. Running Android N Preview 5, and it's quicker than any of the Snapdragon 820 phones I've tried (S7 Edge, LG G5, HTC 10) by a long margin. Android N also finally gets Doze working properly and it's battery standby time is phenomenal. Good to know that ZTE will upgrade to that relatively quickly (if they stick to their promises) to support Daydream VR.

Well we shall see how quickly axon 7 will get its updates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy