Which phone are you switching from and why?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Just curious which phones you guys are switching from and why. In my case, I have an S7 Edge. It's a really great phone, but I'm an audiophile and I'm switching for that primarily. I know the camera won't be as good, but I'm hopeful it will be good enough, and my wife has an S7 that I can use if the camera is not good enough.

For the price of the Axon, I can sell the S7 Edge, and get more back. This is an amazing deal.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
From Android side I'm currently using S7, buying this as backup phone just for audio purposes. Note 7 will replace S7 which will be daily driver alternating with iPhone.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
No complaints with my Pure's speakers. The Pure is easily on par with the m8.

To answer the question however, I would also be coming from Moto X Pure for a few reasons. The Pure has heat issues which I can't stand and the obvious cpu upgrade makes the Axon 7 a much better gaming device. More RAM than the Pure, a Fingerprint scanner, best speakers in market, 2 year warranty vs. Moto's notorious customer service, AMOLED vs LCD (which I don't mind as much). Also considered pre-ordering the idol 4s but for the price the Axon 7 is a no brainer and a true upgrade from the Pure (which I really do enjoy overall).

edit...one more. The chances of the Moto X Pure getting Nougat appear to be slim to none.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from an HTC 10, which I've been a bit disappointed with. The new BoomSound just doesn't have the volume it needs, the bottom speaker is too directional (away from the user), the polarization on the screen is annoying, and there's some bugs with holding a T-Mobile connection...or not, generally. Plus I think the 5.2 inch screen was too big a step down from my Nexus 6, I got used to having a lot more screen real estate. I think the Axon 7 is a better choice for me, should fix all of my issues, while still being a bit smaller than the Nexus 6 (it is a little too big). If I had known about it I wouldn't have bought the HTC to be honest.

jwiesneski

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Moto X (2014). No real reason, as I still really like the phone, but I kinda just got the itch for a new one. I think the Moto X (2014) may also be at the end of the road for getting updates also.

I was actually ordering the OnePlus 3, but randomly saw someone mention the Axon 7 in a comment and after checking it out cancelled my order to do more research. After some deliberation I decided on the Axon 7 over the OP3. I do like some of the things about the OP3 more (kind of like the design a little more, definitely like how they did the capacitive buttons more, like the more stock sounding OS) but it would be hard to get the OP3 over the A& considering all the advantages the A7 has over the OP3.

It was an easier decision after I saw the Quartz Gray renders also, which in my opinion look a lot nicer than the Gold. I will miss my Moto X screen notifications though, and I'm hoping the A7 doesn't feel too big to me, as I actually greatly prefer the original Moto X size to even the Moto X I have now.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from my trusty S6 Active. There are still things that I LOVE about my Active but the Axon 7 intrigued me. I wanted to be free of the 2-year contract upgrade trap. I wanted to have a phone with an unlocked bootloader in case I ever decide to try a different system. (Unlikely but I would like to be able to HAVE that choice.) The price point was incredible with, in my opinion, an unbeatable warranty. I've also never owned a phone with 2 front facing speakers and that's one of my largest gripes about the Active.

It just seems like a solid performer and for the price, an unbeatable bargain. It's a bit larger than I'd like but I don't plan on getting rid of my Active right away in case I just don't care for it. I ordered the Quartz Gray so I'm anxiously waiting for next month!

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site

To answer the question however, I would also be coming from Moto X Pure for a few reasons. The Pure has heat issues which I can't stand and the obvious cpu upgrade makes the Axon 7 a much better gaming device. More RAM than the Pure, a Fingerprint scanner, best speakers in market, 2 year warranty vs. Moto's notorious customer service, AMOLED vs LCD (which I don't mind as much). Also considered pre-ordering the idol 4s but for the price the Axon 7 is a no brainer and a true upgrade from the Pure (which I really do enjoy overall).

edit...one more. The chances of the Moto X Pure getting Nougat appear to be slim to none.

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my reasons.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Like number of others, I am switching from Moto XPE. Why? Primarily the Axon 7 looks like a superior phone, especially for the price. Another reason is the phone has gotten buggy lately though that is nothing a backup, wipe clean and reinstall couldn't fix. But my biggest issue with the phone is the heat issue as it regularly hits temperatures in the 130+ degree range.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

I know I'm in the minority here but decided to give the idol 4s a whirl first. If I hate it Axon it is. Perhaps a stupid move but we'll see.